Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

Removing Traffic Global Airport Facilities Scenery?

Hello all,

I have just gone to that Aero navdata site to update my sim to the latest Airac. While Make Runways extracts the correct runway data from the scenery CFG, the go to airport dialog does not reflect these changes, and I think its due to Traffic Global.

Global's previous addon, Traffic 360 for FSX, had an Airport Facilities scenery item found in the scenery dialog. I simply deleted it and suddenly runways/gates were correct and I can choose the correct one, since the aero navdata updates the scenery.cfg.

Since Global appears not to have a scenery item for its Airport Facilities, and I sure as heck don't want to edit it manually--I just wish it'd use the scenery.cfg file, what's the best way to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi:

I'm having a little trouble fully understanding your issue.

When I have trouble with Global conflicting with other airport add-ons, search for the airport code I need corrected in the "Airport Facilities" and change the name of the airport file Global's Airport Facilities to "off".

For example:

AFX_KSEA.bgl.off

Sorry if this doesn't solve your problem but maybe give you an idea.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Are you sure it's not in your scenery.cfg (C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4)? If not, check in your C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TrafficGlobal folder to see if the Airport files are listed in the add-on.xml. If so you can edit it out if you want them gone (I know I sure did in the time that I was trying out TG). 

The folder itself is stored in your C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\TrafficGlobal\AirportFacilities.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

You should have a Traffic Global Airport Facilities Folder in your P3Dv4 Scenery but to avoid conflict it should be moved to just above the base Scenery folders and below ORBX if you have it and your addons, you can if you wish delete a CAD file that you think my be conflicting in that folder, in fact TG will still work without TG Airport Facilities folder it will just work off your addons and base AFCAD files, but you will see less traffic as the base AFCADs have less parking spots of the correct size unless you edit them with ADE, if you have ORBX and you do not create a correct insertion point that will also cause problems with your addons as ORBX has CAD files in the scenery.

Scenery order is critical in P3D and tends to be the cause many problems if not correct. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I tried both suggestions for an issue I am having at KLAS and neither worked.  I still have a raised ground area in the parking area at that airport in one specific spot.  The only thing that has fixed it is to disable Traffic Global Airport Facilities in the P3D scenery library.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:52 AM, G-RFRY said:

You should have a Traffic Global Airport Facilities Folder in your P3Dv4 Scenery but to avoid conflict it should be moved to just above the base Scenery folders and below ORBX if you have it and your addons, you can if you wish delete a CAD file that you think my be conflicting in that folder, in fact TG will still work without TG Airport Facilities folder it will just work off your addons and base AFCAD files, but you will see less traffic as the base AFCADs have less parking spots of the correct size unless you edit them with ADE, if you have ORBX and you do not create a correct insertion point that will also cause problems with your addons as ORBX has CAD files in the scenery.

Scenery order is critical in P3D and tends to be the cause many problems if not correct. 

I have installed the Traffic Global in FSX, P3Dv4 and P3Dv5. The installer places Traffic Global Airport Facilities in FSX (1 item) in the sim library. Also, the installer places Traffic Global and Traffic Global Airport Facilities in P3Dv4 (2 items) in the sim Library. But the installer leaves only one item, the Traffic Global in the sim library.

The P3Dv4 has conflicts with my flight plan; the Bird can't find localizer for ILS. I deactivated the Traffic Global Airport Facilities from Library and the plane found LOC. Should I remove the Traffic Global Airport Facilities item?

I think the Traffic Global Airport Facilities is only for FSX.

Patricio Valdes

Patricio Valdes

15 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I have installed the Traffic Global in FSX, P3Dv4 and P3Dv5. The installer places Traffic Global Airport Facilities in FSX (1 item) in the sim library. Also, the installer places Traffic Global and Traffic Global Airport Facilities in P3Dv4 (2 items) in the sim Library. But the installer leaves only one item, the Traffic Global in the sim library.

The P3Dv4 has conflicts with my flight plan; the Bird can't find localizer for ILS. I deactivated the Traffic Global Airport Facilities from Library and the plane found LOC. Should I remove the Traffic Global Airport Facilities item?

I think the Traffic Global Airport Facilities is only for FSX.

Patricio Valdes

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/50498024287/in/dateposted-public/

Traffic Global Airport Facilities is used by AI for loading at airports that may not have parking compatibility, placing it just below your addon scenery stops it conflicting with your addons. If you have a problem at one airport turn off the BGL for that airport in the folder.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51839049472/in/dateposted-public/

This is an airport with the ADE BGL turned off second from the top and my custom BGL now working in the addon. using ADE you can do almost anything with your airports shut runways close taxi ways to stop AI turning on runway, but custom parking is the main use i use it for. 

The parking in P3Dv5 is bad using a custom folder i can make default large airports usable and increase air traffic.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/52294093889/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51140945974/in/dateposted-public/

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

If you have a problem at one airport turn off the BGL for that airport in the folder.

Removed all AFCAD files from C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\TrafficGlobal\AirportFacilities\Scenery and now the FSX and P3Dv4 working as a gem.

Patricio Valdes

Edited by trisho0
update

Patricio Valdes