Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

SimWings Heathrow Professional P3D v4

There seems to be a problem with the airport runway definition in this scenery package. Whenever I land or depart in a RAAS equipped aircraft, I am treated to the message "on taxiway, on taxiway" :huh: Does anyone else suffer from this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

26 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

There seems to be a problem with the airport runway definition in this scenery package. Whenever I land or depart in a RAAS equipped aircraft, I am treated to the message "on taxiway, on taxiway" :huh: Does anyone else suffer from this?

Have you run Pete Dowson's MakeRwys since you installed Sim-Wings EGLL?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I have run MakeRwys again (with all scenery addons enabled), so I will check this out when I return to London Heathrow.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you use Lorby-SI's P4AO (add-on organiser), go to Backup/Restore and click 'Export library for external tool'. Keep it open while running MakeRwys.exe.

It should work without having to make all of your sceneries active.
If it doesn't, create a new group within P4AO for all of your add-on sceneries, so that you can turn them all on or off in two simple clicks.

From the MakeRwys ReadMe file:

Prepar3D version 3 and 4 scenery installs abiding by the new L-M system for add-ons will NOT be seen by MakeRunways unless you install the free Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer program (use at least version 0.99).
Although this is aimed specifically at Prepar3D version 4, the facility MakeRunways uses allows it to deal correctly with Prepar3D version 3 as well. MakeRunways will then automatically use that program to create a file called MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg in your P3D3 or P3D4 folder. This then gives it ALL the scenery layers with correct layering. MakeRunways It will then use that file instead of the original.
The special CFG file will be left in the main P3D folder for your own reference to the priority
ordering of your scenery, something difficult to do from all the XML files. However, for
clearer views and facilities to change them around, use the AddonOrganizer program
directly (only with Prepar3D version 4 though).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I prefer to use the old scenery.cfg method at the moment. It gives me direct access to scenery layering from within the simulator. Call me old fashioned, but that's how I like to do it.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I didn't know if you had installed anything using .xml or not, hence the suggestion.

Take a look at P4AO. 
You can strictly control the scenery order layering and it works for both scenery.cfg and .xml methods. It's such a powerful tool (can make back-ups of P3D config files, can clear shader cache, allows easy add in or removal of scenery components such as scripts, effects, global textures, saves time and helps avoid making errors) that there's not a day where I don't use it.

Back on point, MakeRwys should work without everything being made active in your scenery.cfg, but I can't remember.

• Upvote 2

That does not appear to be the case. It found another 156 airports when I activated all of my scenery addons.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have the free version and after running MakeRwys I have to copy r5.csv (from memory) from the P3D folder to the RAAS one replacing the original.

Maybe the paid version does things differently but that file is critical to RAAS working correctly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The new MakeRwys is capable of "seeing" the sceneries added via add-on.xml on its own if installed correctly. No need for the Lorbi-SI tool anymore... (not entirely true, as MakeRwys depends on it, but it is executed automatically in the background).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS