Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Aerosoft A330

Does anybody have a sense of when the Aerosoft A330 might be coming to P3Dv4.4...??

I know it's being worked on, but the devs have chosen to shut off the pipeline of information and updates on the project, at least for the time being.

I was hoping for an early to mid 2019 release for the AS A330, but perhaps that's overly optimistic. The lack of a decent payware A330 represents a glaring gap in airliner availability for P3D v4 IMHO, there are hundreds of the type in service worldwide as both passenger jets and as freighters, so it will be a welcome addition when it comes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

I know it's being worked on, but the devs have chosen to shut off the pipeline of information and updates on the project, at least for the time being.

They didn't "shut off the pipeline" -- what makes you say that?

Knowing their history, they will post up new information as soon as there is something to report.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

45 minutes ago, Mace said:

They didn't "shut off the pipeline" -- what makes you say that?

Knowing their history, they will post up new information as soon as there is something to report.

Mathijs closed down the news and update's thread on the A330, for the time being, at least the discussion and comments part of it, that's all I was trying to say, so please don't try to make this in to something it isn't, ok...?

Edited by SunDevil56

He has not closed it. He only closed it for discussion. They still post updates in there, but they don't leave the thread open for discussion.

And how are we supposed to know when the release date is, when not even the developing team has any idea? The project was once aimed at a 2017 release.

So it will be done when it's done. 

Maybe you feel like opening an open pool for bets?. I will say at the current rate it looks like we are looking at a September-November release. But that is subject to change.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

He has not closed it. He only closed it for discussion. They still post updates in there, but they don'tleave the thread open for discussion.

I will say at the current rate it looks like we are looking at a September-November release. But that is subject to change.

Thanks. Basically that's all I was looking for...

20 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Mathijs closed down the news and update's thread on the A330, that's all I was trying to say, so please don't try to make this in to something it isn't, ok...?

Yikes.  Make it into something it isn't?  I didn't think I was.   I merely reported my opinion on what they might do.  If you want my guess on a release, I'd say Q3/Q4 2019.

As for the preview thread, I think it was becoming a constant "when will it be ready" set of postings and it was getting tiresome, so they locked it down.  Knowing their past history, Aerosoft will open it back up and post something, or maybe make a new thread.  Historically they have been pretty open compared to some devs.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

Historically they have been pretty open compared to some devs.

Agreed, was just looking for some info from somebody that might have a "feel" for when it might be coming.

Thanks for the " I'd say Q3/Q4 2019" estimation...

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Maybe you feel like opening an open pool for bets? I will say at the current rate it looks like we are looking at a September-November release.

😉

Which year?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

With Aerosoft, there are two dates to be concerned about... when they release the product, and when it actually becomes usable.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

... when it actually becomes usable.

Which decade?

56 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

With Aerosoft, there are two dates to be concerned about... when they release the product, and when it actually becomes usable.

I was a huge proponent of Aerosoft, Chapstick; however, their last 2 major releases (e.g. CRJ and A318....) have been unmitigated disasters for me.  Concerning the latter, the auto-throttle is a mess and it refuses to follow altitude constraints; in short, it's completely unusable online.  There is a 9 page thread on the support forum littered with users who have the exact same issues; Aerosoft also claims they can't duplicate the problem...yet, it exist in droves.    I suspect this is the impetus for delaying the A330; I'm sure they cannibalized as much code as possible and thus need to resolve these lingering issues before proceeding with said A330. 

I hope Aerosoft reevaluates it's beta testing mechanism to prevent further damage to their reputation (e.g. CRJ LNAV and A3** AutoThrottle issues); moreover, I hope they stop pointing the finger at customers because "they couldn't duplicate the problem."  I'm still mystified how major blemishes get past their beta testing; more frustrating, it takes them weeks to acknowledge said issues and months to resolve them. With this in mind, Id really like to thank PMDG, Leonardo and Majestic for releasing outstanding products and fixing bugs within weeks, if not days.  I truly appreciate your extensive alpha/beta testing!!  Currently, this seems to be beyond Aerosoft's capacity; having said that, if they can fix the bugs, it really will be a beautiful/VERY fairly priced product.  If you don't fly online, it's very usable in its current state...

Edited by kingm56
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

Concerning the latter, the auto-throttle is a mess and it refuses to follow altitude constraints; in short, it's completely unusable online.   

The weird thing for me with the Aerosoft Airbuses is that I used the previous version a lot, and never had any of the issues people are having now with the new version.  The old version had it’s quirks but overall flew quite nicely...too bad things appear to have taken a step backward with the newest version.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Things are not going well which is why they shut down discussion. Don't expect it before 2020, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Matthew S

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

The weird thing for me with the Aerosoft Airbuses is that I used the previous version a lot, and never had any of the issues people are having now with the new version.  The old version had it’s quirks but overall flew quite nicely...too bad things appear to have taken a step backward with the newest version.

Exactly, Regis!  The 32-bit version was a great aircraft.  I just assumed they have different developers; regardless, they should seriously review their beta mechanism.  

Matt King