Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Aerosoft A330

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

They also turned off "upvotes" and  "downvotes" on their forum.

Do you remember the number of up- and downvotes when M.K. announced another delay?

He had got 4 or 5 downvotes and up to 38 upvotes as I remember in one case.
Can somebody confirm this?

I think the downvotes are real (and it would not be a good idea to delete them), but a lot of updates for the information that again there is another delay? It's ridiculous! So much people to be happy that there is again another delay? Every child would wonder about that.
Even if you think that the people are thankful for the information - it does not stand in relation to the few upvotes the developers have got when showing some nice pictures and introduced their hard work.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure if these 38 upvotes were given on delay announcement or other bad news. But I quite often wondered why M.K. had got so much upvotes for bad news or contradictory statements.

Sorry for off-topic, but this information might help to see the question about release date in the right light. How trustworthy are informations, if they are given "as true, open and honest as possible"?

Edited by Opterix

I've lost hope for Heavy Airbuses.  I've heard of nothing but issues with AS's little 'buses and their CRJ is buggish.  I've reported issues on the forum and have never received any support.  I feel the RJ is an abandon product.  PFPX was never really great and TOPCAT sucks - too outdated.

Makes me angry actually.  And, it makes me even more ticked off that they lock/remove topics that call out all their bull word not allowed.  Like it hurts their feelings and if they ignore you it makes all their problems go away.  I won't be too sad to see this Aerosoft close business.

Out of desperation, I downloaded the BlackBox Airbus and was totally turned off.

I think we're just up sh*t creek.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I've lost hope for Heavy Airbuses.  I've heard of nothing but issues with AS's little 'buses and their CRJ is buggish.  I've reported issues on the forum and have never received any support.  I feel the RJ is an abandon product.  PFPX was never really great and TOPCAT sucks - too outdated.

Makes me angry actually.  And, it makes me even more ticked off that they lock/remove topics that call out all their bull word not allowed.  Like it hurts their feelings and if they ignore you it makes all their problems go away.  I won't be too sad to see this Aerosoft close business.

Out of desperation, I downloaded the BlackBox Airbus and was totally turned off.

I think we're just up sh*t creek.

Sooo you hate Aerosoft... Ahhh i see what you did there.....

Personally i own the AS Airbus and have not a single issue with it. And i HOPE they do not go out of business. But hey i'm just a lowly pleb 🙂

Edited by Riah069
  • Like 2

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

6 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

They also turned off "upvotes" and  "downvotes" on their forum.

Yes. For obvious reasons. 

It was becoming a rant-fest with completely unreasonable statements and demands. I had a feeling, that more and more users, were going for personal insults. It was understandable that they cut it off - there was tendencies of a general and dominant - and very uncomfortable I might add - lynch-atmosphere.

Go for the ball - not the man!

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Yes. For obvious reasons. 

It was becoming a rant-fest with completely unreasonable statements and demands. I had a feeling, that more and more users, were going for personal insults. It was understandable that they cut it off - there was tendencies of a general and dominant - and very uncomfortable I might add - lynch-atmosphere.

Go for the ball - not the man!

+++!

• Like 1

I absolutely don't hate Aerosoft and surely don't wish them to close.
But for me their Bus "Pro" series is simply not flyable.
I love it in terms of visual design, external textures, internal lighting and overall immersion in the flight deck.
I also love the copilot function which is neat.
But I have NEVER finished a flight without a problem, aircraft climbing like a rocket or suddenly accelerating while climbing with auto throttle at idle position (...), or suddenly loosing power without any reason.
There is another big issue with this product which is that if your FPS go below 18... your aircraft goes nuts, jumping and dancing like a gazelle.
I have never seen that with any other complex aircraft and it occurs very often, even with quite a powerful machine.

Because I want to give it a chance, I try a new flight after every update, hoping for some improvement.
What can I say? Cosmetic improvements are frustrating when they are the single added value of a new version.
And unfortunately, until now there was zero improvement in the aircraft systems.
So for me, no A330 nor any more aircraft from Aerosoft.
I'll continue purchasing their airports and supporting their e-commerce site which is great and serious with pleasure, but continue relying on PMDG, FS Labs and Leonardo for serious simulation products.

Edited by David Roch
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

10 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Things are not going well which is why they shut down discussion. Don't expect it before 2020, IMHO.

Nonsense. They just closed the discussion because they were fed up with the demanding, condescending and outright rudeness of some people.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Well, then for your records, let me be the first that reports to you how satisfied I am with both airplanes. I bought both planes right when they were released and only had minor issues with the CRJ (I think with some click spots) that where fixed in the first update. On my system (with a relatively slow CPU), the Aerosoft A320 works much better than the FSL version, which is too demanding for it. I am very happy with Aerosoft airplanes.

PFPX was ground breaking when it was first released, and it was first released independently by the developer. He only later decided to sell his software through Aerosoft.

Peter

• Like 2

I'm happy I'll be just about retiring when they release it so I'll have plenty of time to fly virgin long hails 330s to the Caribbean. 

Problem is 2 fold, 

1. virgin will have phased out the 330 by the time I retire. 

2. I'm 41

• Like 5

14ppkc-6.png

Best spirits-uplifter of the day, that, Peter.🤣

16 hours ago, Riah069 said:

Sooo you hate Aerosoft... Ahhh i see what you did there.....

Personally i own the AS Airbus and have not a single issue with it. And i HOPE they do not go out of business. But hey i'm just a lowly pleb 🙂

Actually, I won't say I hate them.  If they produced solid products with great, long-term support I would be pleased to connect business with them.  However, they should not be in business selling products that are 80-9% complete and when asked to complete or correct issues, give you attitude.

• Upvote 3

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Not to get too off track but just look at the A31x/A32x current release, it's a total buggy mess. I wouldn't expect the 330 any time soon, or at least a hope not.

• Upvote 2

one of my flightsim mates was over my house last week having a cold beer with me, when the fselite article pinged up on both our phones,  about them spending "200 hours testing the 3330 on shared flight deck"

we both laughed out loud because when they had that shared flightdeck with the old airbuses on p3d 3.35,  we probably spent well over 200 hours faffing around with hamachi, port forwarding,firewalls, slave/master, same airacs, etc etc etc and it would always ctd or just didnt work. 

I think we tried it over 20 times over a year period, and only then ever managed to do probably 5 sectors at most with it.   finally we gave up on it as its was so frustrating.

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

I honestly do not understand what this AS bashing should be good for. I am flying all the busses they released without any problem.

I have the BB 330/340 (they have some small problems), I use PPFX since it was released.

What I see and read is the expectation that everything should be working 250% correct all the time. This doesn't happen in the RW either. Why do pilots spent most of their training in emergency environments? So they can pilot the plane to safety when something goes wrong.

If your simulation doesn't run correctly, be a pilot, take control and execute the flight safely as per your flight plan. If the bus goes up like a rocket, change to the VS button and control the accent, if the CRJ doesn't follow the SID or STAR correctly, fly by hand or use the HDG switch.

I am flying simulators since FS4 (1988) and we are in haven today compared to those days. Why does everything a company does to improve our simulation experience be met with toxic comments? In the more then 4000 plus hours I am flying FSX/Prepar I landed 99.6% of all my flights somehow or the other at the intended airfield. Trust me in FS4 there was no GPS/FMC or MCDU. it was VOR to VOR and for longer distances you needed to calculate and triangulate the wind as well.

Pilots are there to pilot the aircraft, bugs and problems are the excitement that come with the hobby, not the despair.

Cheers

Peter (YMML)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

I don't understand why its taking so long arent the systems nearly identical on the 330 and the 320,the cockpits look the same.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.