Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

FSX vs P3D

This is the FSX/FSX-SE Forum for users of FSX.  Members posting here can discuss subjects about FSX and FSX add-ons.  When members recommend moving to another simulator such as P3D or X-Plane, those discussions will be removed as they only result in inciting and trolling comments.  Please try to keep your discussions on-topic with the OP.  If a member is having issues with OOM's, then try to answer his question without telling them to move to P3DV4 as that only gets them excited and the topic begins to go South from there.  Those responses will be removed by the AVSIM Moderating Team.

If a FSX-user has a question about P3D or X-Plane, those questions should be posted in the P3D or X-Plane Forum.  If we find any abusers, we will remove the topic/post or move the topic/post to the appropriate forum.

AVSIM has a lot of members who will always use FSX no matter what as it is inexpensive and currently satisfies there educational and enjoyment of flight simulation. 

Thanks for your cooperation and Happy Simming!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, I would love to see your post pinned to the top of this forum.

• Upvote 2

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Jim, thank you for making this clear!
I accede BF Bullpup: reasons for removing posts should be announced in a top-pinned post.

Peter

Edited by Opterix
  • Like 1

Thanks Jim. Good move. It's really disgusting to me to see all these "experts" who's only contribution to a problem is another dumb "you're using the wrong sim" post. Maybe we need a sub-forum somewhere where these "experts" can go to vent their frustration that not everyone uses their chosen platform. End of rant............Doug

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

YES! The community had spoken and been listened to. I just read a post about fsx and gpus before seeing this and actually while reading the comments was just wondering when the first "or you could use a better sim" was going to appear. It did not! Now I know why. Best news all week. Jim, don't suppose you could resurrect my recent OOM avoidance post plus remove all those petty put downs so it serves its original purpose could you? Be a shame to have to write it again! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Jim, don't suppose you could resurrect my recent OOM avoidance post plus remove all those petty put downs so it serves its original purpose could you? Be a shame to have to write it again! 

Done.

15 hours ago, BF Bullpup said:

Jim, I would love to see your post pinned to the top of this forum.

I wanted to pin this and will eventually but there are a lot of pinned topics already and this would be placed at the top.  A lot of members do not look at the pinned topics so wanted to make sure this got as much publicity as possible.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10