Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Century autopilot

I have been asked by a user to take a look at the Century autopilot... and am finding that the Heading and Pitch switches appear to be interlocked and fighting each other.  If I push Heading with Pitch ON, it switches OFF and if I push Pitch with Heading ON, it switches off.

Has anyone looked at this, and possibly found a workaround?

Bert

7 hours ago, KevinJH said:

I too am seeing this, Bert but haven't come up with a workaround sadly.....

I have reported it to Carenado and they have told me that they will take a look..

This is an older release, but since LM has now added the Commander as a default airplane in V4.4. Carenado may just possibly be shamed into fixing this..

Lets see  :unsure:

Bert

On 2/24/2019 at 11:25 AM, Bert Pieke said:

I have reported it to Carenado and they have told me that they will take a look..

This is an older release, but since LM has now added the Commander as a default airplane in V4.4. Carenado may just possibly be shamed into fixing this..

Lets see  :unsure:

Maybe they will be shamed into it, or they'll throw LM another older title, like the 182....

They have now responded and say there is nothing they can do since it is an "old" title..

I have tinkered with the autopilot and fixed the most obvious issues, but cannot fix the HDG/PITCH interlock which is buried in the model file where I cannot find it.

If you like flying this plane and would like my "improved" Century autopilot version, contact me via PM with your email address..  :cool:

Bert

I've just swapped over from FSX to P3D V4 and very happy with the performance and stability of the product so far.  However, I'm used to the FSX Cessna's and I'm struggling to find out how I set the altitude in the Commander 114 - the CTRL SHIFT Z is mapped to Altitude bug but I can seem to find it!! Help?

Edited by Tango11Alpha

Ctrl+z for altitude hold, if I'm not mistaken.  Welcome to the AVSIM forums!:happy:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I've got that bit 🙂  It's setting a desired altitude I'm struggling with - so easy on the Cessna, just dial it in!? 😞

I have now found the Century III Manual on the manufacturer site and I can see it's not like the Cessna and will only hold on a reached altitude. Now swapped over to the Mooney Bravo which does have an autopilot like the Cessna.  Thx  Bob