Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Latest Nvidia Driver bringing P3Dv4sim dowm

Just had, for the 2nd time an Nvidia issue with a previously perfectly running EVGA GTX970 GPU. Had not updated the driver for ages because, quite frankly, I do not trust Nvidia to bring out rock stable drivers.

And that is precisely what has happened. Updated to the latest, and bang, midway through a flight, that driver brings the sim down with a warning notice DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. Ha as anyone else experience this crash?

Reverting to previous driver which was rock steady, not a single issue

the latest nvidia driver did create " a resetting graphic driver" issue from time to time. I went back to earlier drivers and the issue disappeared. I would  not recommend the latest drivers for Win7 users.

tc

10 minutes ago, flyforever said:

the latest nvidia driver did create " a resetting graphic driver" issue from time to time. I went back to earlier drivers and the issue disappeared. I would  not recommend the latest drivers for Win7 users.

tc

Thank you for that. Glad it wasn't just me. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Like you, I have just binned that latest driver. I won't be going anywhere near Nvidia again.

FWIW, I'm using 418.91 without any issues.

I have a GTX 1080 ti.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

37 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Is  418.91 the one causing issues?

Precisely. Now with the previous 388.13 at exactly same place same route as before, plain sailing. I have read so many issues with Nvidia's rushed-out drivers previously, here, I wonder why I even bothered. Lesson learned.

10 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I have a GTX 1080 ti.

Did state it was a GTX 970, so most probably is okay with a 1080Ti, don't know as I don't have that card as yet, physically, in my new proposed rig.

Using nVidia driver 417.71 here with no issues, for three weeks now.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I have not had any issues with 417.71 and so far, no issues with 418.91. Using GTX 1080

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

no issues  here  using  1080ti

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Gentlemen, all well and good----and I am so happy for all you 1080Ti users----that all is very hunky-dory with the latest Nvidia driver for your 1080Tis, 1060s, et al. But I specifically mentioned a GTX 970. So, maybe it only appertains to the GeForce 9 Series?

Anyway, it matters little now, as I do not trust Nvidia when they trundle out ' the latest driver bells-and-whistles word-not-allowed' drivers!

Nvidia have stopped support for Maxwell 900 series cards thats why you had problems 

10 minutes ago, Kjono said:

Nvidia have stopped support for Maxwell 900 series cards

And below states the opposite looking at this image. Or have I mis-read it that support of the 9 Series is over, yet the below image contradicts that?

6 minutes ago, nolonger said:

Did you tell Nvidia?

1.jpg