Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Latest Nvidia Driver bringing P3Dv4sim dowm

Using 418.91 also.  Had 2 driver errors and quick recoveries yesterday. Using GTX 1050 Ti, FSX and windows 7.  Looks like I will be looking for an earlier driver version.  I am also trying to update my Inspector settings as well since I just installed the GTX 1050 Ti.

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

On 2/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, vc10man said:

Just had, for the 2nd time an Nvidia issue with a previously perfectly running EVGA GTX970 GPU. Had not updated the driver for ages because, quite frankly, I do not trust Nvidia to bring out rock stable drivers.

And that is precisely what has happened. Updated to the latest, and bang, midway through a flight, that driver brings the sim down with a warning notice DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. Ha as anyone else experience this crash?

Reverting to previous driver which was rock steady, not a single issue

If you are using the frame rate limiter in Nvidia Inspector with drivers newer than 399.24 this error is known to pop up.

Alan

I’m running 382.05 which were recommended on the FSL Concorde forum as being compatible and not producing that Nvidia error message. Any later ones will.

I have to say I’ve never seen any significant improvement in performance when updating drivers. Just stick with ones that suit your setup.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, exeodus said:

If you are using the frame rate limiter in Nvidia Inspector with drivers newer than 399.24 this error is known to pop up.

Do not use Nvidia Inspector. Not done since way back in FSX.

39 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m running 382.05 which were recommended on the FSL Concorde forum as being compatible and not producing that Nvidia error message. Any later ones will.

I have to say I’ve never seen any significant improvement in performance when updating drivers. Just stick with ones that suit your setup.

Precisely, Ray, which is why I reverted to 388.13 running running as  solid as a clock. It will be many moons before I trust Nvidia again!

7 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Precisely, Ray, which is why I reverted to 388.13 running running as  solid as a clock. It will be many moons before I trust Nvidia again!

I don’t think they break things deliberately Rick. 😉

P3D is not a mainstream application as far as Nvidia is concerned. Remember too the problem may be something that L-M need to fix certainly in P3D v3. Lefteris at FSL suggested as much but doubts they will. I’ve not seen it in v4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Love the new driver.  No issues whatsoever.  Great FPS and all is well.

So, is it the driver or your system?

Stan

Edited by spilok

Have to admit, the new 419.17 drivers that came out today are even BETTER when it comes to this:  In other drivers, I noticed a "lull" or hesitation for about 5 seconds sometimes when I switched views.  This new one doesn't seem to do that.  I flew it on several flights today, and there was no stoppage of the view when I made quick shifts.  I think I'm going to like this driver better.  We'll see.

Stan

Just installed 419.17 in my 2080ti and P3D is flashing badly.  I think I'll roll back to 417.71  It got worse when I enabled vsync.

Kevin

Edited by KJConlon

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

419.17 DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error had to go back to previous one.

Darcy

Such differences on this driver by various simmers.  Don't understand that, because it works so well for me.  However, I do see many differences of opinion on EVERY driver that comes out.  Only time will tell.

Stan

I ran into this sort of thing every time I upgraded my nvidia drivers in FSX. I started deleting all of my NI profiles and resetting everything in the regular nvidia control panel before updating the drivers and it seemsto have helped. I don't use NI in P3D, but I did reset the regular control panel options as usual before I installed 419.17 and it seems to be working fine for me as well.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I am running 419.17 and have not had any problems.  I just let nVidia do the install.  

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Are those of you changing drivers clearing out your shaders folder? If not, that could eliminate any graphics problems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are those of you changing drivers clearing out your shaders folder? If not, that could eliminate any graphics problems.

Poppet has some good advice on the shaders, I clear them out weekly. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

1 minute ago, Bluestar said:

Poppet has some good advice on the shaders, I clear them out weekly. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

I’m not sure clearing them weekly does much. Just when a substantial change is made to your system like graphics card updates.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather