Sign in to follow this  
Elvis_Yuen

QW787 Character issues

Hi guys i've been having issue in my qw787 ,I got Question mark and weird  character,how Can i solve it 

wierdo787

Looks to me like you have a stuck shift key. Look up at your flap/speed box -- 30?140 should be 30/140.

I have weird character Too, But what do u mean buy stuck shift key and what i have to do,i am not sure.Thx for the reply  @eslader

Edited by Elvis_Yuen
Miss something

I mean you typed a ? when you meant to type a /. They're on the same key, and a stuck shift key would make the / a ? .

Depending on the keyboard layout and the used language, this can be rather confusing. I have a Swiss German Keyboard layout and the QW787 uses the classic US layout, had some troubles in the beginning as well. So, probably the / symbol is not on the same key as the ? symbol on the keyboard Elvis_Yuen uses...  

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

8 hours ago, AnkH said:

Depending on the keyboard layout and the used language, this can be rather confusing. I have a Swiss German Keyboard layout and the QW787 uses the classic US layout, had some troubles in the beginning as well. So, probably the / symbol is not on the same key as the ? symbol on the keyboard Elvis_Yuen uses...  

Yes for example I can't use my keyboard like I would in a pmdg because it is based on the QWERTY (us standard) unlike my keyboard, hich is under the french norm. SO my As are Zs, my Qs Ws,etc. I just type with the VC keyboard under the cdu.

16 hours ago, eslader said:

I mean you typed a ? when you meant to type a /. They're on the same key, and a stuck shift key would make the / a ? .

Wait,let me make it clear I am not using keyboard to type in qw787 but its already there when  it load

16 hours ago, AnkH said:

Hi mate thx for replying,I got my window Language in English(australia) and English(United state) for window languages any clue Cheers

The keyboard input was designed for US Standard keyboards.

AVSIM is not a QW support forum, for product support please visit our forum.\

Thanks.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

13 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Thanks.

Good day mate,I had send those information to QW fourm for two times already,No one had give me an answer 

23 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Thanks.

@American 833 Heavy let me make it clear I am not using keyboard to type in qw787 but its already there when it first load

Have you edited any of the files for that aircraft in Notepad? If so, you may have inadvertently changed the character encoding of the file.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, MDFlier said:

Have you edited any of the files for that aircraft in Notepad? If so, you may have inadvertently changed the character encoding of the file.

i did not edit anything @MDFlier

@MDFlier this is in my qw787 cfg  

MinAptRwyLen=6300
//panelstate=coldanddark.pnl
IrsAlignSecs=60
ArmPauseAtTod=1
//PauseAtTod=1
Arm1xAtTod=1
//1xAtTod=1