Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

FSX Crash ?? SODE ??

Hello,
FSX crash after several hours of flight, and here  I get this message :

sode.jpg

If anyone can tell me why and how to solve this problem, I would be happy.

Hello,

This error message is usually because the simulator has crashed and then been restarted.

If there is a crash, it does not necessarily close down its dependent programs.

Close FSX, open the Windows task manager, scroll down to SimObject Display Engine, right click on it and

select End task.

11.jpg

It is the result of a crash, not the cause.

Edited by nolonger

LINDA does the same. If I accidentally overload the sim and it crashes LINDA will hang in the background and if I forget to notice and terminate the process it won't be available (along with my hardware button assignments) the next time I start the sim. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

So, bottom line, it was not SODE that crashed your flight but most likely an OOM since you state you were flying for several hours.  AppCrashView or the Event Viewer (see AVSIM CTD Guide) may provide more information.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, nolonger said:

Hello,

•  

It is the result of a crash, not the cause.

Thank you for this quick response. I have crashes every time I fly from Honolulu to Seattle or San Francisco, and PMDG 747/777 and QualityWings 787. And it's really frustrating because it's at the moment of landing

I have Active Sky 2016 for FSX. Where does the problem come from? There is the question.????

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

So, bottom line, it was not SODE that crashed your flight but most likely an OOM since you state you were flying for several hours.  AppCrashView or the Event Viewer (see AVSIM CTD Guide) may provide more information.

Hello,

Thank you for telling me, what is an OOM ??

27 minutes ago, seahawks said:

what is an OOM

Means you ran out of Virtual Address Space (VAS).  In FSX you only get 4GB's of VAS with Windows 10, 64-bit version.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides more information on page 36.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

apologize for my tardy answer.
I tried again and I did not have a problem. What happened.??

thank you for your help

Best regards

Windows 7 pro 64 bits

Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-6800K CPU@3.40GHz. RAM 32.0 Go. Motherboard LGA 2011-3 G1 X99- Ultra gaming. Video Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX 1080

This time you did not run out of VAS.  Hopefully this will continue and you can enjoy.

Submit News to AVSIM

Recently I had the same error message as the original poster. Did as instructed, looked in Task Manager, but there was no SODE process listed to "kill". I am using P3D 3.4xx in Win 10 Home edition. Restarted the sim and all was fine.So far, I have not experienced a repeat occurrence of this error. .