Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Falcon 50 v1.7A Beta Released Flysimware Store for Testing

Version 1.7A of the FSW Falcon 50 is now available for download  and beta testing from the Flysimware store. Please comment and report any possible bugs or issues found during beta testing IN THIS THREAD. This will help speed up release of the final version if any changes are needed.

We anticipate releasing  Falcon50 v1.7A to all stores in about 1 day.

VERSION 1.7 and 1.7A UPDATES: 2/13/2019

New Features:

Major texture update. New specular maps throughout the interior and exterior. P3D V4 now includes full PBR textures for the exterior model.

Re-modeled the virtual cockpit ceiling, pilot window, cabin window shades, walls and all window panes for more details and accuracy. 

New pillows and seatbelts added to the cabin couch. Improved seatbelt modeling and textures for all seats.

Two new GPU units that you can cycle through using the aircraft option panel. The Hobart 4400 and the Jetgo. Both include there own sounds.

New 3 position landing light switch which includes new pulse option.

Windshield wipers now include sounds.

New APU sounds recorded from the correct APU.

P3D now has the ability to unlock and open the main door from the exterior model including the cabin shades. Try using the avatar. 

Installer no longer requires a name entered in the name box.

The Aircraft options panel has the ability to open/close all cabin shades.

Bugs & updates:

The engines N1 idle has slightly has less power so with a light payload the aircraft does not creep forward.

Throttle vs N1 percent updated to have a balanced range increasing the displacement at higher N1 power.

Landing lights are slightly lower in brightness to allow the runway lines to show more.

Edited by Flysimware

9 minutes ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi, thanks. Can you post the change log?

Cheers,

Roberto

Both 1.7 and 1.7A posted above.

It's so awesome to see continued development and improvement of existing FSW planes. It's why FSW has such a loyal fan base.

I alsoposted this in the 1.7 thread. Didn't know where to go. I saw flashing and artifacts in 1.6. FSX boxed. I parked the Falcon 1.6 for several weeks due to the flashing, understanding that there was a prospective fix for the flashing in the major update that was forthcoming. So I installed 1.7 and made the first flight with no flashing or artifacts. The next flight I did see some but reloaded the aircraft and it went away. So today I installed 1.7A and was flash free until the taxi after landing. Clobbered with flashing and a large blue artifact across the VC wind screen. Of a minor note there are some rectangular artifacts in the overhead in the passenger cabin. So, back to the hanger. I hope we can get a fix for this sometime.

On a very positive note the throttles are now great! Easy to manually synch due to the increased displacement at higher N1s. Great!

Of course the change in the textures is incredible, with no apparent hit on frames or VAS. Well done!!

Rick

Edited by Wink207

Using FSX or any 32 bit sim the interior shadows will be missing. I realize now i have to export that model using an older P3D SDK. Will fix this for V1.7B

11 hours ago, Wink207 said:

I alsoposted this in the 1.7 thread. Didn't know where to go. I saw flashing and artifacts in 1.6. FSX boxed. I parked the Falcon 1.6 for several weeks due to the flashing, understanding that there was a prospective fix for the flashing in the major update that was forthcoming. So I installed 1.7 and made the first flight with no flashing or artifacts. The next flight I did see some but reloaded the aircraft and it went away. So today I installed 1.7A and was flash free until the taxi after landing. Clobbered with flashing and a large blue artifact across the VC wind screen. Of a minor note there are some rectangular artifacts in the overhead in the passenger cabin. So, back to the hanger. I hope we can get a fix for this sometime.

On a very positive note the throttles are now great! Easy to manually synch due to the increased displacement at higher N1s. Great!

Of course the change in the textures is incredible, with no apparent hit on frames or VAS. Well done!!

Rick

So i purchased P3D V3 for testing since most reports of flashing came from V2 or V3 and steam. I never had a FSX report until now. That was a first. So i loaded V3 today and no flashing. None on any of my sims. So its hard to fix something that i can't simulate. I also have been improving the model with less code and this seems to reduce the reports with flashing. So i will continue to try to find animations not needed in the 32 bit so the model is not overloaded. The 64 bit has never had an issue and its most likely because the SKD does not have a limit on animations or code.

Right now i can only think of 3 users who are reporting issues. I may make a interior model that i can give to anyone who requests one due to flashing and this model will be lower in code and should prevent issues.

34 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

So i purchased P3D V3 for testing since most reports of flashing came from V2 or V3 and steam. I never had a FSX report until now. That was a first. So i loaded V3 today and no flashing. None on any of my sims. So its hard to fix something that i can't simulate. I also have been improving the model with less code and this seems to reduce the reports with flashing. So i will continue to try to find animations not needed in the 32 bit so the model is not overloaded. The 64 bit has never had an issue and its most likely because the SKD does not have a limit on animations or code.

Right now i can only think of 3 users who are reporting issues. I may make a interior model that i can give to anyone who requests one due to flashing and this model will be lower in code and should prevent issues.

Did you try this? I never had any flashing since

It works fine for me on FA 50 P3Dv3: I changed value "0" instead of "1". and bugs  were gone

[SIM]

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0

Pascal

si.php?id=1

1 hour ago, Cool said:

Did you try this? I never had any flashing since

It works fine for me on FA 50 P3Dv3: I changed value "0" instead of "1". and bugs  were gone

[SIM]

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0

Pascal

This is good news. I checked and my setting was on 1 by default. So not sure how anyone can start on zero. But i sure will mention this for those who have issues. I also will try putting my setting on zero just to see if i can get flashing.

Edited by Flysimware

2 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Mark:

I should add that my flights are always 2-3 hours or more. The flashing and artifacts rarely happens at the departure airport or climb out. Usually well into the flight or at the arrival. Maybe there is some sort of cumulative thing going on similar to VAS?

I run Win7 Pro 64, GSX, UT2, UTX, ASN with REX 1024 clouds, and do not load add on airports unless going there. I see frames 30+ and almost never see an OOM. Who knows what might cause the occurrence? So I thought I would throw this in.

I'll try that [SIM] OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 today. I know it is said to be a P3D tweak, but who knows?

Rick

Edited by Wink207

Here is what Kevin over on the LM site said about OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0

"This attempts to optimize multiple parts of a model by combining them into fewer meshes if possible. If you have a complex model that is not already optimized to reduce draw calls etc, this will attempt to do that for you. There is some overhead to this, as it happens at runtime when the model is being loaded and ideally the model would already be optimized before runtime. This only happens for FSX Models, and not older model types."

That is what I gathered from a quick look over, hopefully that helps.

Thanks,
-Kevin.

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007
  • Like 1

P3D4.4.   I flew two flights in the 1.7 build, and did find a few things, but I will reserve comment until I have flown 1.7A a few times.

Oddly enough the pulse landing lights weren't working for me in 1.7, but I'll install the latest and see.  I do use Dynamic Lighting.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, Mace said:

P3D4.4.   I flew two flights in the 1.7 build, and did find a few things, but I will reserve comment until I have flown 1.7A a few times.

Oddly enough the pulse landing lights weren't working for me in 1.7, but I'll install the latest and see.  I do use Dynamic Lighting.

V1.7 the landing light does not work during the day. V1.7A the bulbs now work during the day.

Hello.

I just downloaded and installed the new version from flysimware store. it is not specified if it is the version 1.7b.

In P3D V3.4 the flashing is still there.

I took a screenshot but I do not know how to post it here.