Sign in to follow this  
Davy

Pilot2ATC Nav capability

It would be nice to add a navigation tracking capability to the moving map. I like to fly light aircraft, not many of which are equipped with an FMS. The GNS530 and kin seem very limited in their ability to use imported Flt plans that contain unknown waypoints and to be honest are very difficult to to program directly. I know I could purchase a portable FMS but perfer to fly to the spirit of the make and model I'm flying. This may be too much to ask but is it possible to add an autoheading feature to your moving map so the aircraft will track the pilot2atc flt plan track. I believe it would really add value to your great program.

Many, if not most, of the GA aircraft have some sort of GPS that can load a .fms or .pln file and then follow the route.

The GNS530 in most GA planes can load a flight plan with only a few clicks of the mouse.  Here's a video of doing it for X-Plane

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=x-plane+gns530+import+flight+plan&view=detail&mid=7E681FEF64C1D56E331E7E681FEF64C1D56E331E&FORM=VIRE

For FSX/P3D, you normally just load the .pln flight plan using the Menus in the SIM.

Dave

Thank you for the prompt replay Dave. You are right. However, while I also export a SimBrief plan in .pln format I've yet not been able to figure out how to import a .pln flight plan format into pilot2atc, as i believe you use .vbf format.

Regards

39 minutes ago, Davy said:

I've yet not been able to figure out how to import a .pln flight plan format into pilot2atc, as i believe you use .vbf format. 

Regards

At the bottom right of the flight plan window there is an item labelled "impt" for import.  Click this and load a .pln file.

Tom

Thanks TJ, I have done that and I get the message "not the correct format", however, it is a .pln file

I just created a simbrief .pln file and had no problem importing it into P2A.  I suggest you carefully recreate the .pln file. I don't think that the problem is in P2A.

Tom