Sign in to follow this  
pgde

Emiliano Sala Simulation?

In some regards, like mildly enjoying this thread, I hope I never grow up. 

🙂

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:30 AM, sloppysmusic said:

Don't forget the sister word of 'nonce', 'ponce'! In the US a place near where I live is actually called that.

😄

I should think that the very macho hidalgo "Ponce Deleon" would have taken great umbrage at that meaning!

Ah, the heck with umbrage, he'd have simply sliced your head off! :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just to bring this back on topic the interim report by the Air Accident Investigation Branch is to be released tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I can see his family wants closure, but I can't help but feel there's a lawyer here rubbing his hands with glee at the prospect of taking Cardiff fc to court for millions and millions. 

Also be interesting if the guy who made the video and sold it to the msm has any relevant licences / instructor ratings / crm qualifications etc 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

@tooting, not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Cardiff FC did not arrange the flight and tried and failed to persuade Sala to take a commercial flight.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@tooting, not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Cardiff FC did not arrange the flight and tried and failed to persuade Sala to take a commercial flight.

Indeed. If anyone is on the hook here, it's likely to be the family of the pilot, if it subsequently turns out that this was an illegal charter operation. We know from this week's news that David Ibbotson was not a CPL holder: if it is further found that he was operating the flight for hire or reward (outside the privileges of his PPL) then any insurance he had is likely to be void.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I guarantee you theres a lawyer somewhere rubbing his hands to make some money here no matter who gets sued.  Was his agent involved?? Who introduced the pilot to the footballer? 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

I guarantee you theres a lawyer somewhere rubbing his hands to make some money here no matter who gets sued.  Was his agent involved?? Who introduced the pilot to the footballer? 

I don’t know any more than what has been reported by the responsible media. I really don’t think this is the place to be discussing such matters. Keep discussion to how the accident occurred or desist.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Rick, since we already have a “Sala” topic running, I merged your new link the existing topic.

No sweat. As long as it's related to that tragic loss of life, be it a footballer, or a a pilot, any life for that matter.