Sign in to follow this  
Bt103504

Recommended Hawaii Scenery for P3D 4.4?

Hi all, 

I was curious if anyone has any recommendations for some good Hawaii scenery for P3D 4.4? I know about the Hawaii Photoreal project by the flightsimjewels team, but the current lack of autogen or custom objects makes the surroundings feel pretty bare. Also know about the FSDreamteam Hawaiian Airport collections but from what I understand is that they are only the airport areas and not the whole island chain.

Just looking to see if anyone knows a good package out there that I'm not aware of yet? 

Additional Info: I also have FTX Global, FTX NA, FTX Vector.

The Plus version will give you all the autogen for the islands it will just cost you about $20 but well worth it. FSDT airports work fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thank you gentlemen. I've used the freeware versions in the past, but I'm open to shelling out to for the upgraded version if its as worth it as you say. Photoreal with no autogen is just a really an immersion killer for me. Do you guys use any of the addons they have as well?

Edited by Bt103504

1 hour ago, Bt103504 said:

Thank you gentlemen. I've used the freeware versions in the past, but I'm open to shelling out to for the upgraded version if its as worth it as you say. Photoreal with no autogen is just a really an immersion killer for me. Do you guys use any of the addons they have as well?

thank you for the tip, 20 eur for hawaii and french polynesia seems to be a bargain.

purchased at this moment 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I use there add-ons for airports for Hawaii. Note if you use ORBX you will have to disable there freeware airports that are in Hawaii.  The freeware ones offered by Hawaii photoreal are excellent. FSDT airports are a big plus. In the read-me files will you will find instructions on how make everything compatible. A little bit of work for a fantastic Hawaii experience well worth it.  I lived there for 30 yrs.

So I sprung for the $20 package and installed everything per the instructions but I do have FTX Global and Vector enabled, it almost looks like the global textures are showing through the photoscenery as there is a lot of mismatched tiles. Any suggestions on folks have theirs setup?

11 hours ago, Bt103504 said:

So I sprung for the $20 package and installed everything per the instructions but I do have FTX Global and Vector enabled, it almost looks like the global textures are showing through the photoscenery as there is a lot of mismatched tiles. Any suggestions on folks have theirs setup?

Disregard... I'm an word not allowed 😞 Apparently you need to install the freeware versions first THEN install the payware version, once I did this everything looked as it should. A little counter intuitive if you ask me but at least it's working now.

How is the Polynesia package in general? Recommended?

Also, how is NTAA Papeete in Tahiti? Almost picked up a different Polynesia product on sale recently and curious if this one is any good.

James

I'm finding 8 airports so far, and they are all very well done. NTAA is particularly beautiful tucked next to the mountain.

8 hours ago, WAL187 said:

I'm finding 8 airports so far, and they are all very well done. NTAA is particularly beautiful tucked next to the mountain.

Hows the AG around Hawaii.

I  only have the freeware version, is it worth the money? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I just downloaded Hawaii & French Polynesia - Society Islands and all I can say is WOW! The Hawaiian photo package has matured to a must have add-on for those who love Hawaii. At $22 buck for both packages it's a steal! I will post a link in the bargain section because IMHO this is a real bargain.

One thing about the "Hawaiian Airports by George Keogh" the AI is not compatible. I have an older version of the AI package and I'm about to test and will post results.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

25 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Hows the AG around Hawaii.

I  only have the freeware version, is it worth the money? 

Maui is the best then Oahu the rest of the Islands are good but the first two especially Maui are well done. The payware addon is well worth it.

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)