Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Newbie question regarding failures

I have the following questions :

a) Do the failures listed in the CDU apply to the real aircraft as well or is it only a Flight Simulator issue.

b) I am about to play around with them,in particular with the doors

However whatever I do there is no change since I can open and close the doors.

What should happen ?

c) Which manual explains the failures ?

Thank you

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

The failures are listed in the Introduction document, as well as a basic description of how to use this feature.  The first place to look for any failure is the QRH in any aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

The QRH can scare the heck out of you if you haven't read the FCOMS first as you basically following lists without a clue what they mean or do. BUT.. having fun is a great precursor to serious learning and boy will you have fun with the failures! 

I had a 'minor' electrical fault that disabled both autopilot and auto throttle for the whole flight and couldn't return to take off airport as cloud cover was below minimums for landing and you don't want to mess with that with no AP or autoland! 

Apart from the stress finally getting her down several hundred miles away felt like a great achievement. 

Have fun! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK