5 hours ago, haskell said:

Well next month we hit the one year anniversary of the bank angle issue. And, mark your calendars... March 6th is the one year anniversary of the fix "coming real soon."

I didn't know you wanted it that urgently.  I certainly would've hurried up if you were keeping tabs on the time it took us to finish this update.

There are more, serious fixes to make the Saab fully compatible with XP11, which included rewriting the entire engine code and implementing new XP11 manipulators to the cockpit.  These engine fixes include the Autocoarsen and CTOT.  If we put out the half bank fix, that would've been the least of everyones problems solved.

It'll be ready when it's ready.  

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

I didn't know you wanted it that urgently.  I certainly would've hurried up if you were keeping tabs on the time it took us to finish this update.

There are more, serious fixes to make the Saab fully compatible with XP11, which included rewriting the entire engine code and implementing new XP11 manipulators to the cockpit.  These engine fixes include the Autocoarsen and CTOT.  If we put out the half bank fix, that would've been the least of everyones problems solved.

It'll be ready when it's ready.  

You could pay him to fix it, seems he is the expert. Now if everyone was a software enigneer wed all be experts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

You could pay him to fix it, seems he is the expert. Now if everyone was a software enigneer wed all be experts.

There's always the "damned if we do, damned if we don't scenario" with a select few people.  They ask for an update, we tell them we'll work on it.  If we say nothing, we get accused of making abandonware or just being lazy and enjoying the money we made.

Here's a typical scenario...
"When will it be ready?"
Hopefully soon.

There's the good folks who say "Great to know you're making a FREE update for us.  Looking forward to it!"  
But there are others, who like to stir the pot a little.  "You said soon about a year ago.  Mark your calenders, people.  The anniversary of soon is coming."
My usual response?  "I said it HOPEFULLY shouldn't be too much longer.  I never promised an ETA."

If we say we're working on it, it's "When will it be ready???"
If we say nothing, it's "They've abandoned all support for it and looks like the update isn't coming out."

Somewhere down the road I’d like to be able to load it up, engines started, ready to taxi. Not looking for something this low priority to be looked at anytime soon but simply for future consideration. Twenty years ago I flew the Saab for a few years so for me to be able to bypass the startup section would be welcome. Mine too has been parked for awhile but I’m fine with waiting for the update to be done right.

dave

On 10/26/2019 at 6:45 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Saab works fine for me...what's the issue?

I'll trade you - mine for yours, no questions asked 😎.

43 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

I'll trade you - mine for yours, no questions asked 😎.

I actually saw your comment on x-plane.org, about us abandoning support for the Saab.  We haven't done anything of the sort.  You're always more than welcome to post any questions about any problems you're having on the appropriate forum.  (I was warned and suspended for offering support and linking our forums here in avsim.)
Or, you can always DM me in here.

And before you, or anyone else asks...yes, the update is still being worked on.  And it's a very big update.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 10:32 PM, haskell said:

Mine is hangared because the autopilot will only turn at half-bank. It's been that way for many months. Is yours not doing that? Are you getting a good 20 degree+ bank when turning on AP? Did I miss an update? 🙂

I hand fly it a lot...guess I didn't notice haha

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

The biggest reason i hold on to the Saab is the TWA skin. Like i said in my other post, i'm a huge TWA fan. I would love to see a 717 with the same skin.HAPPY FLYING!!!!

14 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I hand fly it a lot...guess I didn't notice haha

Gotcha. Thanks man! Hope you're well. 

Eddie
KFNL

On 11/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, GoranM said:

I actually saw your comment on x-plane.org, about us abandoning support for the Saab.  We haven't done anything of the sort.  You're always more than welcome to post any questions about any problems you're having on the appropriate forum.  (I was warned and suspended for offering support and linking our forums here in avsim.)
Or, you can always DM me in here.

And before you, or anyone else asks...yes, the update is still being worked on.  And it's a very big update.

It's not so much lack of support - more like frustration at never having it work.  Initially your installation methods confused this old man and it's been downhill since.

17 hours ago, olderndirt said:

It's not so much lack of support - more like frustration at never having it work.  Initially your installation methods confused this old man and it's been downhill since.

We're always around to give you a hand if you need it.  

Believe it or not, I flew the LES today.  Uninstalled the whole smear and reran the .exe this time paying close attention to all the requests.  Apparently I did this correctly and it loaded just fine.  Now I await the update but this one still ain't too shabby.