Sign in to follow this  
Steve0616

Turn radius and Nvidia AA settings help needed

Following a new drive installation I can't get a couple of things functioning as well as previously.

First, for the 737 previously, I could turn on a dime on the taxiways with rudder pedals, throttle and toebrakes. Now, for some reason, its much harder to get a tight turn radius 
on 90 degree turns when moving forward again from a stopped position.
I searched the topic and tried some of the suggested settings for the aircraft.cfg, but these only seemed to improve it by a little.

Second, I lost my nearly perfect AA settings for my GeoForce 1070 card and none of the Nvidia Control Panel settings work very well. I also tried using latest Nvidia Inspector to apply some of the recommended legacy settings but after hitting APPLY, it keeps reverting back to the default profile upon exit.

Appreciate any suggestions on how to improve these issues.

For your first issue, there may be two things:

- If you had a registered version of FSUIPC, maybe you forgot to enable the steering tiller.

- Also, you may have forgot to apply the fix for ground friction.

For your AA, it's better to follow NickN's setup guide (aka "The FSX Bible"), specially regarding the use of Nvidia Inspector. It may be written for FSX, but just do the same for FS9 and you should be good to go.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Many thanks for reminding me of Nick's NI setup. That was the one I needed. 

I applied your suggestions for improving the turn radius but I'm still having to nearly go full throttle to make a 90 degree turn anything less results in a too wide radius. I'll try and do more brake calibrating to see if I can get a solution there.  

Which 737 are you talking about? I use both Tinmouse and iFly, and I can't recall having these issues for 90° turns...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I've only used the TDS and POSKY 739 to test my re installation, and both have the same wide turn radius regardless of attempts to correct it.  I may reinstall my PMDG 737 fleet and check some of those but I haven't flown those for several years now.  Like you, I never had any issues with this before, it all seemed to work right from the get go. All .cfg files were copied from back ups where everything worked fine previously so, until I come across a solution, I'll just make adjustments in turning.  Thanks for replying.