Sign in to follow this  
paradisca1

Turbine Duke Engine Start

I am unable to start the right engine on the RealAir Turbine Duke in Prepar3Dv4.4. I have flown this aircraft frequently and am familiar with the start procedure. The port engine starts as always but there is no fuel flow shown when the right condition lever is advanced on startup. The fuel selectors are on "all" for both tanks and the fuel pump is running with an indicated pressure of 22 psi. Ignition is set to on and Ng = 12 % when condition lever is advanced.

I have done this with the default aircraft set to the Iris F-22, the Bonanza A-36 and the Beech Baron all with the same result either loading the Duke directly or switching to it after the default loads.

I recently updated Prepard (but only the client) from v4.3 to v4.4. Is it possible this has anything to do with this?

Does anyone have other ideas? Thanks.

Steve P

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

Did you install it fresh from their updated installs page after moving to 4.4?

http://realairsimulations.net/

Despite closing their doors, they updated most if not all of their planes to work under 4.4 and made the new installers available on their website.

If you didn't know, 4.4 was the upgrade that transitioned P3d from 32 bit to 64 bit, and the general rule of thumb is that it will break planes which have not been updated.

Edited by eslader
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eslader said:

If you didn't know, 4.4 was the upgrade that transitioned P3d from 32 bit to 64 bit, and the general rule of thumb is that it will break planes which have not been updated

Actually it was version 4.0 of P3D that went to a 64 bit, not v4.4. A big change with v4.4 was PBR.

Cheers

Martin

Gosh, I didn't know that i could get the Turbine Duke for v4.4??? I thought it died with FSX? Many thanks for this info. It was one of my favorite aircraft. So I just downloaded it again and cranked up P3Dv4. From the info on the realair pages it looks like its only for v3? But i just took a short flight and it seems to work ok, although i cant get the gear lever to work. [Using saitek panel] I'll work on that perhaps tomorrow, but I can't thank you guys enough for pointing me to the Duke!! Any thoughts on configuring the Duke for 4.4 will be appreciated!!

Also need to configure with chaseplane, but suppose this will not be diffucult??

23 minutes ago, lennie said:

Also need to configure with chaseplane, but suppose this will not be diffucult??

I did mine and it was real easy just like any other plane. 🙂

If you look at public configs in ChasePlane, there are a bunch and I shared mine too.

Edited by Buffy Foster
added the bit about shared configs

21 minutes ago, lennie said:
23 minutes ago, lennie said:

So I just downloaded it again and cranked up P3Dv4. From the info on the realair pages it looks like its only for v3?

SUPPORTED SIMULATORS:
This installer will install the Turbine Duke V2 into the following simulators:
FSX (Microsoft), FSX SE (Dovetail), P3D v2, P3D v3, P3D v4

Iennie, did you download from this site? it mentioned P3D v4.

3 hours ago, paradisca1 said:

I am unable to start the right engine on the RealAir Turbine Duke in Prepar3Dv4.4. I have flown this aircraft frequently and am familiar with the start procedure. The port engine starts as always but there is no fuel flow shown when the right condition lever is advanced on startup. The fuel selectors are on "all" for both tanks and the fuel pump is running with an indicated pressure of 22 psi. Ignition is set to on and Ng = 12 % when condition lever is advanced.

I have done this with the default aircraft set to the Iris F-22, the Bonanza A-36 and the Beech Baron all with the same result either loading the Duke directly or switching to it after the default loads.

I recently updated Prepard (but only the client) from v4.3 to v4.4. Is it possible this has anything to do with this?

Does anyone have other ideas? Thanks.

Steve P

Only thing I can think of is maybe something is mapped to the engine #2 mixture axis?  P3D likes to mysteriously assign axes or buttons to things especially when something gets plugged in or out of a USB port.  It has happened to me (not on the turbine Duke, but other turbine aircraft) that there was a mixture axis assigned that I didn't know about, and prevented fuel flow to an engine.  Though if you can move the lever, I don't know why it wouldn't still allow fuel to flow.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

Many thanks to all of you. I did a reinstall. Only difference was I let the installer put it in the default location, i.e., S:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Turbine Duke V2 P3D4. (I have my documents folder on my S: drive).

It is now working and I probably will never know why it broke. ChasePlane was in use before and after and I made no other changes.

I think  PurdueKey is on to something but I can't help him pin it down.

Steve P. 

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

15 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Actually it was version 4.0 of P3D that went to a 64 bit, not v4.4. A big change with v4.4 was PBR.

Completely right. I'd correct that to avoid spreading misinformation, but I'm past the editing deadline. That was a pretty good brain fart.

Edited by eslader

On 2/18/2019 at 5:56 PM, MartinRex007 said:

Iennie, did you download from this site? it mentioned P3D v4.

Yes, I did. I had all anti-virus disabled. The gear lever in the cockpit works ok; but for some crazy reason the Saitek panel gear lever does not work. It works fine will all other aircraft. If anyone has a solution to this I would greatly appreciate it!