Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Airline2Sim 2019 Sitrep

Hi guys,

I tidied up a bunch of posts about essentially the same thing since I was last here to answer questions so don't panic if your post is gone. I'll try to answer as much as I can here.

Are you still alive?

Yep, despite living in shall we say, a colourful part of the world, I'm still here. So far I've avoided being chained to a radiator. 

Is Airline2Sim still alive?

Absolutely. It just went on an extended hiatus while I dealt with some personal stuff that I talked about at the time and although development paused we still pick up new customers daily which is nice. It never really went away.

Are you, ya know, ok?

I am now. We've all been through rubbish times in our lives and it affects us all in different ways. I think I thought I was ok when I posted the last update but to be honest I was still struggling to process the changes that had happened to my life virtually overnight. Living in a new and VERY foreign country, dating again, going back to work in my old career in a very different environment - it all took a lot of soaking in. But it's all good now.  

Why did you start on a new product line when there is still the second part of the 777 Program and others to do?

The truth is that the aircraft programs need a lot of commitment from the pilot involved. Poor Josh had gray hairs by the time we finished the Q400 Program and Myron was already gray, but sure found it very exhausting to do. The Programs need to be planned, rehearsed, recorded often with multiple takes and then take an enormous of amount of editing and post production. We need the pilot to be available to us throughout the whole process and given how hard these guys work on the line these days, we may have extended periods when we're just waiting for them to be available. Plus now I have the added headache of operating out of a developing country, so the infrastructure is more of a consideration than it was. Therefore, the idea behind Airport2Sim was to fill in the gaps with something we could make relatively quickly, without the need to be in a recording studio at the same time as the person doing the training, which is essential for the aircraft programs.

What is Airport2Sim?

I'll make a longer pinned post with all the details later this week, but it's a video series along the lines of our aircraft training that aims to simplify and boil down the procedures at complex airports. At somewhere like Amsterdam, there are multiple runways with a complex layout and dozens of approaches and departures, specific night arrivals that must be flown in a certain way and a lot of traps for the unwary. Many of us in the sim world haven't got a clue what's going on at these airports so we aim to make you a Schipol Airport expert by the end of the 6 episodes. We've also bundled a GSX config file which fixes all the problems around the gate area with vehicles that are in the wrong place and/or clashing with scenery, as well as labelled pushbacks, custom SODE jet bridges and a PDF sheet detailing which aircraft can fit into each gate and the airline that operates there. I'm even working on obtaining a list of which handling operator handles each airline so you can select the accurate one in the sim! It's also pretty cheap at $9.99. I think you're going to like what we've come up with.

What about the aircraft programs?

We still have in the oven the following:

PMDG 777 First Officer

PMDG 747-400/8 Cadet 

FSL A319/20 Cadet

717/MadDog Cadet (this will be a combo of the two aircraft for reasons that will make sense when it arrives)

They will ALL get done over the next 12-24 months. We have pilots for them all and there are plans in place. They just take a lot of work and lot of time to make, so no dates or times at this point. 

However, I can promise one thing and this is a promise - the Airbus is next. And it's closer than you think. 

We also may pick up the 'LITE' concept again for some fill ins, such as the CRJ, the Saab 340, the upcoming ATR etc. These are all aircraft that I'd be interested in learning. 

Sorry for the fairly short update, but that's it for now. Aurasim will continue as it is for now and we're looking again at the 777 Performance Calculator that we got when we bought Aurasim, so watch this space. The website is due to for a long overdue revamp and I'm also working on a new project that GSX users will LOVE, It's codenamed Project GV. A free copy to the first person who can guess what that might be :)

Edited by Airline2Sim
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks for the update, Ben! (what do you mean, short update?! 🙂 )

Glad to see, you're still standing. It's what they say - what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger... 😉
Looking forward to all your work. 

One question: What 3rd World Country, have you fled to? 😄

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Good to hear from you Ben, glad life is treating you well now :)

GV=Ground Vehicles?

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Welcome back Ben, we missed you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

4 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks for the update, Ben! (what do you mean, short update?! 🙂 )

Glad to see, you're still standing. It's what they say - what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger... 😉
Looking forward to all your work. 

One question: What 3rd World Country, have you fled to? 😄

I think he said Dubai ages ago. I may be wrong though

So great to hear 🙂 i am all in for sure

All the best!

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

You taught me how to fly the Q400.  Everything else you offer will be gravy.

Franklin Duncan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Franklin Duncan

I now live in Beirut, Lebanon, which has a horribly creaking infrastructure. Think power cuts, crazy traffic, etc etc. It’s fun though and today it’s 19c and partly sunny so I can’t complain. 

Glad to hear that you’re all on board. Onwards and upwards, chaps! 

7 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Good to hear from you Ben, glad life is treating you well now 🙂

GV=Ground Vehicles?

Cheers Kev, how’s life with you? 

And nope. Think bigger. I can’t develop models or techy stuff to save my life but we are good at sounds, for example. 🧐🧐🧐

Edited by Airline2Sim

1 hour ago, blazer05 said:

You taught me how to fly the Q400.  Everything else you offer will be gravy.

Franklin Duncan

Bought it but never got around to using it. Nevertheless, excellent.

Project GV=Project Ground Voice, a la Ground ATC voice related to ground movements?

Edited by vc10man

1 hour ago, officercrockey said:

Funny... the developing countries I visited mostly had a better infrastructure (especially internet), than we have here in Germany.

Haha no unfortunately here everything was pretty much destroyed in the 1975-1990 civil war and reconstruction since has been at best kinda haphazard! 

55 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Bought it but never got around to using it. Nevertheless, excellent.

Project GV=Project Ground Voice, a la Ground ATC voice related to ground movements?

You’re getting closer 😅

3 minutes ago, Airline2Sim said:

You’re getting closer 😅

GV=Global Voice? Or volte face, Voice Generator?(sorry, cannot accent)

Edited by vc10man
  • Like 1