Sign in to follow this  
Flaps-up

AP driving the 750 GTN Stays in ARM Mode

I have owned Carenado’s Piper PA-31 for a while and use the Reality GTN 750 add-on with it. I think something happened during my 2.5.13 GTN update over the weekend as the autopilot dash readout shows the autopilot in FD mode, but when I select NAV on the popup the AP switches to ARM mode and, no matter what I try, cannot engage the system to follow the GTN flightpath. Note that the AP does engage, and the plane will level off if I press ALT, and VS works.

I found if I go into the Reality drop-down settings while in the plane, and if I change the GPS source from auto to GPS1 then back again the ARM disappears and the flightpath is maintained. However next time I start the plane the ARM light is back.

I think part of the problem is that the Carenado AP two-axis system is designed to look original (simplistic); well it is with ARM and YAW and other functions not present.

Note that I also contacted Carenado.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, or checked something on or off.  Or is this a known issue between Carenado and Reality?

Thanks.

Edited by Flaps-up

This issue has also shown up in the Carenado C340 II.  Makes sense as that plane is also equipped with the simplistic AP controller.  But I have no problem with my other planes, even ones that were installed using mods to their ini file, like the B1900D and the B200.

Hi,

there are a number of similar reports on X-Plane.org Carenado forums, sometimes with workarounds, and we are also actively working with them to try finding a solution, if any. Not ETA nor any promises but we are trying.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for posting.  Here is hoping for a permanent solution.

I would be happy to send Reality/Carenado some screenshots and/or be used during end-user testing if that would help the cause.