Sign in to follow this  
Cristobal

Problem Control Surfaces AI

Hello,

I bought AiTracker a couple days ago and I have been using it with P3D V3 since then, but I have the following problem that I can't solve:

When I define a route with a set of waypoints and I set an AI to follow it, it does follow the path flying but instead of going in a smooth flight, the aircraft shakes continuously rolling clockwise and counterclockwise with a very high frequency (around 3-4 times/second) by moving its control surfaces back and forth (it happens only with some airplanes, mostly small ones, like combat airplanes).

I have tried changing any parameter I've thought about  in the AiTX but I haven't been able to solve it in any way.

Any help to solve this issue with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by Cristobal
Specify the problem

Hi,

how exactly are you deploying the AI? Is that a waypoint recording or a converted flightplan? Then this behavior is not caused by AITX. The program only creates the AI and sends the waypoint list - that's it. The whole flight is managed by the simulator itself, and whatever the aircraft does has its cause in the simulators AI logic. I can only imagine that these aircraft models aren't really capable of being used as AI - there are quite a few of those. Check that they are not overweight in the aircraft.cfg (payload stations and fuel tanks) and also make sure that the waypoints are to be flown at a reasonable speed. This sounds a little bit like you are forcing the aircraft to fly too slowly, so they are constantly on the brink of stalling. 

You will also notice that taildragger airplanes are incapable of taxiing when being used as AI (with a flight plan). That can be changed, by altering the contact points to a tricycle gear configuration while mainting the initial pitch of the aircraft body - but that takes a lot of fiddling with the parameters in the aircraft.cfg too.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

34 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

how exactly are you deploying the AI? Is that a waypoint recording or a converted flightplan? Then this behavior is not caused by AITX. The program only creates the AI and sends the waypoint list - that's it. The whole flight is managed by the simulator itself, and whatever the aircraft does has its cause in the simulators AI logic. I can only imagine that these aircraft models aren't really capable of being used as AI - there are quite a few of those. Check that they are not overweight in the aircraft.cfg (payload stations and fuel tanks) and also make sure that the waypoints are to be flown at a reasonable speed. This sounds a little bit like you are forcing the aircraft to fly too slowly, so they are constantly on the brink of stalling. 

You will also notice that taildragger airplanes are incapable of taxiing when being used as AI (with a flight plan). That can be changed, by altering the contact points to a tricycle gear configuration while mainting the initial pitch of the aircraft body - but that takes a lot of fiddling with the parameters in the aircraft.cfg too.

Best regards

I dispatch the AI with a recorded waypoint list which already starts at 10000 - 35000 ft and at 250 - 900 kts (I have tried several cases with different parameters as I also thought in a first place that it could be a velocity or height issue). I have had problems with the airplanes F-14, F-15, F-16, Tornado, F-35, a Commercial Airliner and the TU_95, but for example Herculer C130 or Bombardier LJ45 work both perfectly.

Also, I have noticed now that some of the AI do this shaking movement I told before but they do not move their control surfaces.

Regarding weight I haven't seen anything strange on the several definitions, so I am still changing parameters in case I discover what may cause this.

Edited by Cristobal

Hi,

the simulator will always try to move the control surfaces on an AI. But what you describe sounds a lot like "AI incompatibility". Try dispatching these aircraft with a flightplan, just to see how they behave. I have seen many (payware too) aircraft starting to shake when climbing out or en route, but I never found out why that is (its not like I could do anything in AITX anyway). This effect seems to be different in different simulators too, and generally better in the FSX realm.

If you want, send me an email with your proof of  purchase and the waypoint list in question, and I will run it on my end in different sims with the same aircraft (supposing they are defaults?). The address is in the last page of the manual.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi,

I have seen that they give as well problems when they follow a flightplan, but also I have found out and seems strange to me that when I set them to follow another AI they do not shake at all.

This evening I will try it in the Flight Simulator X instead of P3D to see if it works better there.

The waypoint list right now is a bit arbitrary, it's not something fixed I need to use. I'm more concerned about the aircraft I can use that fly smoothly. I will try on the other simulator and with more AI and if I see that I need more help I will contact you.

Thank you very much for everything!

Best regards

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

when I set them to follow another AI they do not shake at all.

You mean in formation mode? That's a different technology, the simulator has no control over them - AITX moves them around.

It would be nice to find out what exactly is causing that fluttering. If it is weights and balance, I may be able to do something about it programmatically. But if it is an issue with the .air file, I don't think that there is a lot that we can do. Only solution would be to find a model that flies well, and then add the 3D models and textures of the others that you want to that model as new sim objects. That would be really easy to do.

Please let me know if you find anything - time permitting, I will tinker around a bit more too.

If you want, send me your proof of purchase (order number and shop) via email, and I will make my current development version of AITX available to you. It is easier for me to make changes/experiments in that version, should that be required.

Best regards

LORBY-SI