Sign in to follow this  
Carob

RC and AI Callsigns

Hello.

I'm hoping someone can answer a quick question for me regarding RC and AI Callsigns.

What does RC do if/when the particular AI callsign is not one it knows about?  I have a LOT of added AI with callsigns, custom created and/or imported using EditVoicepack, I'm sure RC knows nothing about and am curious what it will do.

Thanks!

My guess is the Ai in question would be ignored as call sign cannot be enunciated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It strikes me as quite odd nobody seems to know the answer to this.  Does everyone use RC without AI?

I use AI all the time. BUT it has never occurred to me to worry about every plane having an interaction with ATC.

So long as I hear the occasional contact, I am happy. I really don't need the hassle of following every plane while I am preparing for take off, or whatever.

I think Ray is correct: nothing happens.

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I came across this old thread...

Can anyone shed some light on that?  It's a little confusing.

I think it will be using the first letter of the callsign if its not known by RC. Norwegian is one of those new airlines which was not around in the early days of RC. I hear ATC just calls it November and the flightnumber.

Regards Johnny Holmgren

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

The older thread mentioned seemed like there might be some hope to change it???  I guess I could be wrong.  If that's the case, nothing like EditVoicepack for RC around that will allow additions/modifications?

Ronzie posted the best solution in this post...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/469887-help-re-callsign/?do=findComment&comment=3251035

Because there’s no possibility of new wav files being recorded you need to utilise the data available. If there’s an existing call sign you can edit with suitable software then a new call sign can be created.

For example if there was a call sign named Bird you could edit the British Airways “Speedbird” and create a new wav file for each of the pilots, copilots and controllers. Then amend c4.csv as detailed by Ronzie.

That’s the only solution.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather