Sign in to follow this  
Flaps-up

Canada Charts

Since my last GTN 750 update the Canadian charts are missing (or at least for the airports I have tested).  

Having the charts automatically identify the D-ICAO, then update when flying near the various enroute airports, and finally when near the A-ICAO is a wonderful full-immersion feature.  I realize that critical information like frequencies and preview still exist but there is nothing like having the real chart(s).

Can these charts be reinstalled, even if it is an option that comes at an additional cost to the end user?  Or, is there something I can do myself, perhaps tie my active Navigraph account to the GTN?

HI,

These charts are supplied with the 'database' package the trainer installs. Should you keep an older version of the trainer around (I guess you've had 6.21 installed?) there is a chance you may bring them back. I've not tested though.

1. Open the GTN trainer 6.21 default DB installation folder: "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\DB"
  2. Make a copy of the file 'card' to 'card.iso'
  3. With macOs, double click the file to mount (On Windows you'd need an 'iso mounter')
  4. You'd need to extract the entire 'fc_tpc' folder and probably apt_dir.gca.
  5. Open the GTN traeiner 6.50.1 default DB installation folder: "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases"
  6. Backup the 'fc_tpc' folder and the apt_dir.gca (better safe than sorry)
  7. Copy over the extracted folder and files from the 6.21 card.iso into the 6.50.1 DB folder.
  8. Cross your fingers!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just read your post.  Thank you very much.  

I will give this a try over the weekend and let you know the outcome.  On first search of my system, however, I did not locate two different 6.21 and 6.50 directories. I think 6.21 may have been written over.

@RXP

I searched my system and affirm that I no longer have the 6.21 Trainer installed, or even its install files.  Do you know of a source that I can download a fresh zip file?  I have another computer that I could install the 6.21 on and then execute the steps you mention above.

Try searching the Garmin website.

Edited by jabloomf1230

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@PecosPete 

I made some progress but in the end was not able to pull it all together.  It is too bad because I now have the GTN working again in most of my smaller GAs, including the PA-31 (one of my favourite planes).