Sign in to follow this  
AntonBunk

747-8 FS2Crew in FSX

Hi There,

sorry to bother..

I just read to my surprise that due to the limit on windows fs2crew won't be possible on the 748 in FSX. I was quite sad to hear that because I've been using FS2Crew for ages now and it actually is a major selling point for me when buying into a new addon plane. I was considering buying the 748 upgrade, but now I'm really double guessing that.

While I get that a "regular" FS2Crew would not be possible in the 748 I can't stop but wondering if there could be a light version - for instance only one button controlled window providing checklist and PNF functionality.

I'd happily sacrifice the FO and center pedastal FMC popout window, or, really, all FO popout windows for FS2Crew.

Also, I get it: FSX is getting old and 32 bit and so on.. but it just works for me, on my office machine, plus there's a lot of addon money in it now.. so, I'm not planning on leaving soon 😄

Thanks a bunch!
Anton

Hi Anton,

You could do it if you commented out a lot of PMDG panel windows you don't use, but that can get messy and PMDG may not like that none too much...

But we don't have have the time to re-engineer FS2Crew 747 to somehow reduce it all to a single panel.  Not gonna happen 🙂

I know you've invested a lot in FSX, so I won't bleat on about P3D 64 bits and what a much better sim it is 🙂

5 hours ago, byork said:

Do you have a problem, Rick?

No, not me, Bryan.  I was merely commenting in a rather oblique way on your previous reply, FSX, etc😀

Thanks! I'm still not decided about whether or not to buy the -8 package. Should I do I will definately give it a shot.

Would suggestions on how to make it work be welcome to be posted here or rather not?

Bryan,

I've used MSFS now FSX for 25 years, so you can imagine how much I have tied up in addons. I'm very happy with FSX enhanced with the addons I've purchased, so there is no way at this point I am going to migrate to P3D. I use all your products for PMDG and a few others. I really hate to hear there is not a version for the -8, and I sincerely hope that changes at some point in the future.

I mess with my panel.cfg all the time so I don't mind that work if there's a way for you to produce a 32 bit version.

Thanks,

Gus White

UAL1063