Sign in to follow this  
nitsaw

Falcon 50 No APU Sounds internal or external

Hello,

I downloaded the latest beta 1.7B and am on P3D V3.4 and have no APU sounds? 

Thanks,

Austin

I have the same issue. The aircraft is properly configured and the APU starts, but just not hearing any sounds (internal or external). If I press the stop button, I hear the spool-down sounds.

Another note on the sounds. It would be nice to add some Air Conditioning and avionics fan sounds in the cockpit. That would help alot with immersion. 

Wind noise in the cockpit would also be awesome as well. With rear mounted engines, the wind noise is usually most prominent in climb, cruise and descent.

DB

Edited by DaviiB

9 minutes ago, DaviiB said:

I have the same issue. The aircraft is properly configured and the APU starts, but just not hearing any sounds (internal or external). If I press the stop button, I hear the spool-down sounds.

DB

Please always include what sim and Op Sys you are using so FSW knows where to look for a possible problem.

Al

Edited by ark

3 minutes ago, ark said:

Please always include what sim and Op Sys you are using so FSW knows where to look for a possible problem.

Al

P3D 4.4, Windows 10.

Also lost the indicator lights on the Autopilot and APU controls in the VC.

DB

7 hours ago, Lmaire said:

Make sure generator switches are off.

Real

Yes I believe I had them off. 

7 hours ago, DaviiB said:

Another note on the sounds. It would be nice to add some Air Conditioning and avionics fan sounds in the cockpit. That would help alot with immersion. 

Wind noise in the cockpit would also be awesome as well. With rear mounted engines, the wind noise is usually most prominent in climb, cruise and descent.

DB

I don’t hear a spool down. Just the click when pressing the buttons on the control panel.

The new APU sounds are not as loud. Make sure your windows mixer for P3D or FSX is loud then adjust the sim volume after. Because the custom sounds volume can only be controlled from the windows mixer.

10 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

The new APU sounds are not as loud. Make sure your windows mixer for P3D or FSX is loud then adjust the sim volume after. Because the custom sounds volume can only be controlled from the windows mixer.

Mark,

I have made sure my P3D mixer volume is all the way up and my speaker volume is all the way up and I hear nothing. 

Thanks 

Edit: Afternoon turning engine volume all the way to 100 in P3D, I now hear the APU once its running and I get the shut down sound now but still hear nothing on start up.

Edited by nitsaw
edit

8 minutes ago, nitsaw said:

Mark,

I have made sure my P3D mixer volume is all the way up and my speaker volume is all the way up and I hear nothing. 

Thanks 

Yesterday our tech said only the shutdown sound worked. I always get all the apu sounds to play on 3 different sims. So why would a few people have this issue with our new sounds. We exported the sounds the same.

Anyways we are working on this issue for the next update. Just use the GPU for now.

Here is something you can try. Restart your computer and then install the F50. Then restart again. This will ensure the sound files get overwritten since they use the same sound files but different sounds. They may be bad from it waiting for a computer restart if those files had been in use that day. Sometimes a computer will save files that need to be overwritten until next computer restart and they may be in a non working state.

Edited by Flysimware

1 minute ago, Flysimware said:

Here is something you can try. Restart your computer and then install the F50. Then restart again. This will ensure the sound files get overwritten since they use the sound file but different sounds. they may be bad from it waiting for a computer restart if those files had been in use that day. Sometimes a computer will save files that need to be overwritten until next computer restart and they may be in a non working state.

Okay I will give this a try and report back. 

16 minutes ago, nitsaw said:

Okay I will give this a try and report back. 

Still no luck, I get the shut down and running sounds. I only get the running sound after I start the APU a second time then I hear the running sounds. 

Just now, nitsaw said:

Still no luck, I get the shut down and running sounds. I only get the running sound after I start the APU a second time then I hear the running sounds. 

That is odd. We are also updating APU rules on what prevents the power and start to work since i made a few mistakes. I can try to send you some new code in a while. But not sure this will help. Its is odd you had to click 2 times. So i will also see the rules for the sounds for the APU. And make sure this is up to par. The funny thing is all we did is use new sounds.

44 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

That is odd. We are also updating APU rules on what prevents the power and start to work since i made a few mistakes. I can try to send you some new code in a while. But not sure this will help. Its is odd you had to click 2 times. So i will also see the rules for the sounds for the APU. And make sure this is up to par. The funny thing is all we did is use new sounds.

I can do what ever you think might help. I can wait till the next update if you plan on making any changes you might think will solve the issue. 

P.s new textures look great!