Sign in to follow this  
kapitan

NEW P3D v4.4 SIM IS TOO MILITARY ORIENTED

They do what makes commercial sense, period.

We should all be happy to be along for the ride.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

30 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

Weird.  I just fly my GA planes in P3D and I don't have any weapons on them.  Nobody ever shot at me in it either. 

The OP smells like another XPlane troll, IMHO.

thats a smell typical of gender, ...but wrong

I am sim hobby when you were playing dolls, took my PP in 1977, flew the FS4 first in ibm COLOR ps2 and released several freeware panels for fs2002 and fs9 that were the most downloaded files of its time in the "other" site. ...and i hate Xplane 

1 hour ago, kapitan said:

As far as I know we are not in any major war,

But one must always be Prepar3d.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

We are simply their cheap R&D tools and beta testers.  Their real business and income are not from us--nor they will ever be. We're lucky, in some respects to have a very rich company, like Microsoft, at work on the sim and its evolution.  LM is not a consumer gaming company.

3 minutes ago, flyforever said:

We are simply their cheap R&D tools and beta testers.  Their real business and income are not from us--nor they will ever be. We're lucky, in some respects to have a very rich company, like Microsoft, at work on the sim and its evolution.  LM is not a consumer gaming company.

As long they are using our input let us be beta testers .... 😎

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

28 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

That would imply that initially they weren't planning to sell it at all, and that the project budget was maybe being paid by in-house R&D

I think that is exactly what happened. I have had some insight into how this works. Every government contract that such a company bids includes R&D expenses as part of the contract bid price.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

As long they are using our input let us be beta testers

Indeed, they are, and it has taken the original fsx to this point. It's a win for a small hobby like ours.

2 hours ago, kapitan said:

Ive read the new version v4.4 improvements and features printed in p3d site, a two page list.

The big list of issues address 95% of "military" aspects of the simulation. Weapons, tracking missiles, drones, armoured vehicles, multiplayer for military training pourposes, etc. You can feel how much work programmers have spent time in this new version, but I can only imagine them as being soldiers or officers engaged in developping a "war sim"

While I understand Lockheed Martin has gone into an all-military production since the Tristar 1011, the sim P3D which is a continuation of Microsoft FSX and luckily Lockheed Martin decided to take it forward, the sim serves a broad civilian purpoose for training also, wether private bush pilot of instrument flying and FMC training. I dont know who have the larger consumer shares, military or civilian flight, most probably both. Not to mention the game-for-fun users. 

If I could get this message thru Lockheed Martin (posted in their site also) I would say I am a bit disapointed they are concentrating efforts in upgrading the sim for just the military, I woluld like to see a more balanced work to benefit the civilian simmers and world too.

As far as I know we are not in any major war, nor I dont get the advantage of puting military training in a public sim. Potential enemies could easily train in this same platform.

anyone agrees? 

Kapitan

NO

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

I think that is exactly what happened. I have had some insight into how this works. Every government contract that such a company bids includes R&D expenses as part of the contract bid price.

I find this interview most interesting (it's a podcast with Adam Breed). It's from mid last year, but it covers a lot of details about the project.

https://pcflight.net/episode-13-lockheed-martin-prepar3ds-adam-breed/

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, kapitan said:

Potential enemies could easily train in this same platform.

That's a very interesting thought.

So the enemies of United States   ähhhh let me say the Klingons *) can make addons with _their_ MIG- [censored] UFO-fighters and train best against the "defensive" weapons from LM.
But the US-pilots don't have addons from the Klingons' fighters to train against them...

*) could also be the Europeans or the South-Americans, as I remembered some statements from Donald D.

Edited by Opterix
  • Upvote 1

What if Lockheed and the government bans it's use to us civilian simmers due to the possibilty it could be used for military purposes?

If they were concerned about that, then it would never have been offered to civilians in the first place.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is it true that UFOs have crashed? And if so...  Is it true LM has reversed engineered a crashed UFO? And if so... why hasn't LM included one in the aircraft library?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My advice to anyone who finds P3D to be overly oriented towards the warmongering military industrial complex side of things is very simple... Don't use it....😏

I agree with many of the feedback here, its not a matter of defending or justifying LM policy of a main military focus.

I am a consumer, and civilian flight accounts for most of the flying in this planet and in the sim hobby

I am not asking as a consumer that LM goes way out of its line of production...its not like I am asking them to build refrigerators instead of sim improvements.

Its about their software P3D, a customer opinion on the latest version features, just as a tv watcher would tell a program producers that he/she would like to see more episodes on a different subject. Its a feedback.

And since most simmers here are civilian I think is very cowardish not to recognize that its a fact. We would all love more improvements from people that spend 6 months working on it. Its like some of  you are afraid to upset the military regulars that hang around here?, dont dare post a feedback in LM asking for sim improvements in general or the civilian side? it doesnt matter their contracts earn millions of dollars with government or military training, the sim world is the same for them as it is for us. Improvements in P3D in shadings, wind, 3D architecture or whatever benefits anyone using the sim, including the military

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Is it true that UFOs have crashed? And if so...  Is it true LM has reversed engineered a crashed UFO? And if so... why hasn't LM included one in the aircraft library?

😁   👍  🙂

I didn't want to blame the russians or the chinese people or any other nation, Donald D. has problems with.

And yes, I believe in UFOs. Every Unidentified Flying Object is an UFO.
So there are a lot of proofs, that UFOs exist.

But it's logic, that UFOs can't come from other galaxies.
So if an UFO has crashed, it's probably possible to be identified - so it's no UFO anymore 😉

Edit: but I understood what you meant 🙂👍

Edited by Opterix