Sign in to follow this  
kapitan

NEW P3D v4.4 SIM IS TOO MILITARY ORIENTED

At this juncture I would just like to say a massive thanks to my American cousins and their tax dollars for footing the bill for the development of my favorite flight sim. So Lockheed Martin and the US tax payer, many thanks.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

16 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

My advice to anyone who finds P3D to be overly oriented towards the warmongering military industrial complex side of things is very simple... Don't use it....😏

So do I - but there are still a lot of other reasons for not to use P3D 😉

Edited by Opterix

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

As long they are using our input let us be beta testers .... 😎

I'm perfectly happy to be a non-paid LM beta tester!!!!!!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Just now, Opterix said:

So do I - but there are still a lot of other reasons for not to use P3D 😉

Then just use any one of those reasons not to use P3D...

It's your choice, and no one is going to argue your decision..

• Like 1

I don't even agree with the first post about the latest update being "95% military"; I just looked and there were only a handfull of military things, and most of those were just new models added.  Most of the updates and fixes were just as useful for civil and general aviation.  So this still seems more like a troll to me, even if I played with dolls when I was little. 🙄

3 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Then just use any one of those reasons not to use P3D...

It's your choice, and no one is going to argue your decision..

Understand - did hurt you what I said? 😉
Why?

😉

Edited by Opterix

4 minutes ago, Opterix said:

....did hurt you what I said? 😉
Why?

😉

No, not at all... Why should I be..??

• Like 1

Nice discussion.
Simple conclusion/solution.

Do not use things you do not like.

Its the choice of the maker of the sim to go as military as he likes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

It's clear that the OP has a valid point, as obvious as it may be to some here. But consider this also. All the "military stuff" was added to the original code that LM obtained from MS. Unlike the rest of P3d4, which is an unknown mix of new and old code (despite what some "experts" here seem to think), the weaponry component is new and hence probably requires more refinement with each update. Until VRS released TacPack, no one had figured out how to get working weapons in FSX. LM basically took the same concepts and marketed it as P3d4 Pro Plus. Both Pro Plus and TacPack Professional sell for thousands of dollars a seat. If I was selling software like that, I'd also make sure that my best effort was applied to enhancements and bug killing.

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Is it true that UFOs have crashed? And if so...  Is it true LM has reversed engineered a crashed UFO? And if so... why hasn't LM included one in the aircraft library?

The S.H.A.D.O knows...

• Like 1

First...let's not make this personal, folks.

Just go to LM's website and read through the "About Us" section of their website--LM is clearly and unambiguously a defense company in every one of its core missions. Expecting them to demilitarize its products is like asking McDonalds to stop selling hamburgers because you're vegan.  Sure, some of their product lines can be used away from the defense industry, but those product lines are simply a by-product of their core business, which is defense from the ground-up.

So if you're a principled vegan, don't eat at a hamburger chain, and if you're a principled pacifist, don't buy products from defense companies.  But complaining that a defense company is too focused on...defense?  Hard to take that seriously.

Regards

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

P3D is not really used for actual pilot training that much.

That is not even remotely accurate.  Sorry.  Just isn't.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Is it true that UFOs have crashed? And if so...  Is it true LM has reversed engineered a crashed UFO? And if so... why hasn't LM included one in the aircraft library?

This is all still classified and you have no need to know about things we captured. 😄  Check out Popular Science.  I remember back before the then Top Secret Northrup Grumman B2 Bomber was released in 1989, Popular Science had a very accurate depiction of the aircraft on its front page around September 1988.  I remember everyone in the Intelligence Community were shocked.  If you see it in PS, look for a public viewing a few months later.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Personally I am happy Lockheed took on the Microsoft FSX ESP Team and put them to work on updating this really old FSX simulator (which has military aircraft installed). 

If you really want some good old military fighting machines, check out the Digital Combat Sims here at AVSIM - https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/528-digital-combat-simulators-dcs-forums/

I would try it but, at my age, by the time I figured out how to arm the guns and missiles and find a target, my aircraft would already be shot out of the sky and would be looking how to get out of the cockpit and parachute to the ground.

• Like 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10