Sign in to follow this  
willy647

Milviz to support only P3D v4.4

Glad to hear it, this is the best way forward and hopefully will lead to the full capabilities of v4 being exploited not to mention faster development.  Hopefully oher developers follow suit.

Edited by regis9
  • Upvote 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Good news. Logical move - efficient use of their resources focusing on platforms that currently make sense will allow them to produce high quality material and remain competitive.

I hope other developers take heed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Not surprised at this at all.  If devs are going to take advantage of P3D advances, they're left with the choice of dual builds (and increased development costs) or simply choosing to focus on the current platform.

Time moves on.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Yep, great move.  Time to go forward not backward... For all peoples still running FSX, you are still able to fly in FSX, but month after month, the new stuffs offer will decrease for that old version.

Mike

Smart move!  Means better add-ons for the customer

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Eventually PMDG, ORBX, and other major developers will move off of FS2006. My hope is P3D v5 will break a lot of backwards compatibility with FSX and third party developers will take advantage of new tech that should be available with v5. It is a real shame that third party development has been stunted because so many developers straddle the fence between creating much better products with new technology, but having to be held back by catering to FSX users that will continue to use FSX for the rest of their lives. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

11 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Eventually PMDG, ORBX, and other major developers will move off of FS2006. My hope is P3D v5 will break a lot of backwards compatibility with FSX and third party developers will take advantage of new tech that should be available with v5. It is a real shame that third party development has been stunted because so many developers straddle the fence between creating much better products with new technology, but having to be held back by catering to FSX users that will continue to use FSX for the rest of their lives. 

Held back? how naive. When the pendulum stops swinging only then will they stop producing for older platforms. They are business people and not a charity. When the devs that really count such as pmdg and A2A make the announcement then we will no for sure the game is over for all platforms except the latest P3D platform but that could be years away if ever

Milviz? ...not even in the ball park

ZORAN

Wonder what that means for their KA350i, I suspect because they sold early copies when they supported earlier P3D version they may be boxed in a bit?

Edited by MartinRex007

3 hours ago, zmak said:

Held back? how naive. When the pendulum stops swinging only then will they stop producing for older platforms. They are business people and not a charity. When the devs that really count such as pmdg and A2A make the announcement then we will no for sure the game is over for all platforms except the latest P3D platform but that could be years away if ever

If ever? PMDG already announced that you will need the newest P3D Version if you want to get future updates. Of course this is only the first step. And I don't see the NG3 coming out for FSX, given that they already have a great 737 for that platform.

• Like 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Completely agree with that decision.  Backward compatibility and support hinders progress.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Completely agree with that decision.  Backward compatibility and support hinders progress.

+1

26 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

If ever? PMDG already announced that you will need the newest P3D Version if you want to get future updates. Of course this is only the first step. And I don't see the NG3 coming out for FSX, given that they already have a great 737 for that platform.

+2

Wonderful news. Another developer moving to the 21st Century!

• Like 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I bet you the decision is a reflection of the recent FSElite awards results?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

12 hours ago, zmak said:

I think PMDG has already said going forward their updates are for the latest version (4.4 right now) only (?)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB