Sign in to follow this  
Robert Kirkland

Another Terrorist linked to the Flight Simming Community!

Guest bobsk8

If 30 hours is looked at as "obsessive" I am in 'Big Trouble". ;)

Tabbloid news? nothing on bbc site..Johan[A HREF=http://jdserver.no-ip.com]Personal Server[/A]A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE!HELP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238882

Guest Toni Rauch

MikeI believe this brings into question (yet again) the issue I raised some time ago with Tom Allensworth regarding names used on these forums.I said then and I repeat now that I believe it should be a forum rule to ONLY post using real names. My reason some time ago was to try and stop 'less mature' from writing offensive threads etc whilst hiding behind pseudonames. What you're reporting today is of course, much more sinister.Whilst I accept there may be difficulties in 'policing' identities to verify they're real, action should, IMO, now be seriously considered for AVSIM (at least) to know exactly what's being posted and by whom.I have never understood the need or wish to hide behind an alias or nickname. Sure, protect your address etc, but at least AVSIM (and/or Flightsim.com or whoever) should be able to check who you are.Just my two pence worth.Toni.

Perhaps the next FS Version could include a lockout of some sort that would block any direct navigation to ANY building in FS. Sort of an invisible 200 mile range "bubble" when at an altitude that would cause a building crash?? Just a thought. Might stop some "idiot" from trying to practice such a manuever.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Paul Heaney

Ron, that was a joke post right? How about we just get rid of FS Altogether, so people can't do this stuff. Either way, if someone wants to bad enough, they can learn ANYTHING.Lets assume for a moment that your idea is implimented, can they Cross directly over a VOR? Sure they can, guess if they can do that, then they can turn directly into something else. Same thing.Still, I don't know why people insist on making posts like this thread. I come here to relax and get away from the tragedies of the real world, not to read about them.The more you post about Terrorists, the more coverage they get, the more they want to do it.And I guess the Original poster is part of the FBI, CIA, Secret Service, MI5 Scotland Yard, or whatever else, to have such valuable information on this guy. Maybe he should be talking to them, insead of posting here?

Guest bobsk8

>Perhaps the next FS Version could include a lockout of some>sort that would block any direct navigation to ANY building in>FS. >Sort of an invisible 200 mile range "bubble" when at an>altitude that would cause a building crash?? Just a thought.>Might stop some "idiot" from trying to practice such a>manuever.> 200 Mile range, you can't be serious. That would eliminate just about every major airport in the entire world. I guess the next thing that will be banned is toy guns, so the terrorists can't practice shooting at someone. ;)

Guest panda234

I don't know if I want Avsim to know who I am. Furthermore, how will they find out? Make me fax a notarized picture ID? There is no way to ensure information is accurate, nor does Avsim have the time to process or the skill set to know what to do with that information. I mean, hey, you have to draw the line somewhere. As it stands, innocent people are being grabbed by police and held on the ground while shots are fired into their head just in case they're carrying a bomb. Once we start regulating and monitoring games and game sites we don't have much of a free society left. The authorities should focus their activities where they will get the highest return. If one of the losers played bingo would we investigate and infiltrate bingo parlors? billg

Guest panda234

Just everyone on house arrest and make it a requirement to apply for a permit to go shopping or go to work. I bet we could cut crime in general way back too. billg

Wish I had never read your post Mike. :( ...I truly love FS simming and love the way I can enjoy it w/o thinking about the real horrors of this world we live in. I live in London and had a holiday booked in Sharm el Sheik!.I will not be reading any future posts with terrorist in the title.

regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/122597.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

Guest CWD

So he liked flight sims? Big deal. Doesn't mean jack. There wasn't any aircraft involved in the terrorist attack - by all indications it was simply a hobby to him. If (for example) a New York Jets fan commits a triple murder, nobody looks askance at the New York Jets. Anyone who infers anything about the flightsimming community from this is a reactionary moron.

I've been looking at going to Sharm el Sheik as well, sometime in August if I can find anything decent.Have you been before Ed, any recommendations?Holidays are a much better discussion and good way to throw a thread OT.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Paul,It was just one of those off the cuff thoughts:-) Only an opinion, nothing more....was thinking in terms of some of the sim situations where there is an invisible building barrier caused by certain scenery/aircraft combinations:-)Not really serious...should have put a bunch of these in I guess. :-lol :-lol :-lol

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I've been told terrorists breathe oxygen, you aren't a terrorist, are you???

Ah, didn't see that press release, well, obviously his *alleged* name is now revealed.Mike T.