Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

MSE Northern California and Other States Released!

Downloading now.  This is using the latest tech for photo scenery.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I should have kept my mouth shut!  Still downloading.  It was download pretty fast but now has slowed down considerably.  Guess I should take another nap....

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No pictures as they have pictures on the MegaScenery site. Images are meaningless as you won't see any comparisons. Just want to add, they updated Montana, Virginia, and Texas too!  I has no color and clarity and they say it is 45% higher resolution than the previous release of V3.  What I like about it so far is the colors are more realistic but I still cannot see my garage door opening and closing when I fly over my house.... (tongue in cheek).  There have been many other updates using the latest technology for photo scenery.  More info at - https://www.megasceneryearth.com/

Submit News to AVSIM

I have long been a fan of MSE going back to my FS2004 PNW, SoCal, NorCal, Washington DC days clear through to MSE Idaho V3 for FSX.

I use MSE less now, though, for two reasons, no autogen and no seasons.  For awhile I fixed the no autogen issue in selected areas with autogen annotator, but to me there was something inherently wrong with flying over Idaho in the winter and seeing absolutely zero snow.

MSE was always amazing to me as I flew.  I could actually spot the rock my son and I named "Elk Poop Rock" and see the clearcut area where I hunted for elk in the fall.  I could overfly my son's workplace and actually spot his vehicle parked in employee parking and see my beat up old 1971 Ford pickup outlined in the driveway at my house. 

I moved away from MSE after becoming tired of always having to add in trees and key buildings to add realism to my approaches, but I would return and spend hundreds of dollars on their products in a heart beat if they ever "solved" the autogen/season change issue that for me is a show-stopper.

Randy

3 hours ago, Ramjett said:

I moved away from MSE after becoming tired of always having to add in trees and key buildings to add realism to my approaches, but I would return and spend hundreds of dollars on their products in a heart beat if they ever "solved" the autogen/season change issue that for me is a show-stopper.

Great story Randy!  Back when MegaScenery was first released we didn't have the fancy airports like at SeattleX, WashX, FlightBeans KIAD, etc., to take off and land from.  But now those sceneries include large buildings and trees making it more realistic.  I fly the heavies mostly and at FL350 hard to see the objects and trees anyway.  I just love flying into Dulles (KIAD) on Runway 1C where the flight path is over a bunch of tries near the Air and Space Museum.  Extremely realistic!

Submit News to AVSIM