Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Mini "Tsunami" at YSSY

This is a P3D v4 freeware version of Sydney Kingsford Smith YSSY, note the small "tidal wave" behind the MD-11 ready for takeoff on RWY 07...

Now granted, the weather (provided by AS4) is rather poor, low hanging dark clouds and light rain, but this is ridiculous.... 🤣

A  mini "Tsunami" that must be at least 40 or 50 feet tall is surging downstream behind the aircraft...😱

At first I thought this might be an ORBX Vector AEC issue, but no such luck, it apparently has nothing to do with ORBX AEC as far as I can tell, and what's even stranger is that this little Tsunami is moving, very slowly to be sure, but it is actually "on the move" nevertheless. Also note, part of the bridge in the background looks as though it might be swamped by this odd "tidal surge", if my eyes aren't deceiving me...

Those of us that have been flight simming for as long as I have (about 25 years in my case) have probably seen their fair share of strange and weird anomalies, but this one has to be pretty near the top of the list for me personally....😎

This is actually pretty amusing as far as i'm concerned, after all it's freeware, and the phrase "you get what you pay for" certainly applies here, but the airport scenery itself, while not payware quality, really isn't too bad, and is way better than the default.

Scenery design and editing is out of my league, but I suspect this may have something to do with the "AFCAD" or whatever, still, I wasn't aware that could affect bodies of water like lakes and rivers etc...

If any of you guys want to take a wild guess at what might be the cause of this, i'd love to hear it. Like I said, this is more humorous to me than anything else, but i'm always interested to hear from the community about the potential causes of such anomalies...😁

hlpuHH2.jpg

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Like 1

A monster crocodile.

I checked this with FT YSSY and default and didn't have this issue. Must be with the scenery you're using.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 1

The 'Airport Background Flatten' vector polygon should cover the river at the back, then everything will be flatten and the mini tidal wave will disappear. It can be done with SbuilderX.

You haven’t got Ozx installed as well, I had a similar problem with Pearce, and when I removed flatten files from Ozx, my new freeware airport was fine.

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

If you have orbx search in that folder for YSSY bgl and turn them to off. Orbx Vector does have a YSSY in there. See if that does anything. If not then I’ll see if I can edit the bgl in ADE tomorrow when I get home.

Edited by Shylock_35
  • Upvote 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

My suggestion is to light the fires and get the hell out of there real quick!! :ohmy:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 hours ago, Shylock_35 said:

If you have orbx search in that folder for YSSY bgl and turn them to off. Orbx Vector does have a YSSY in there. See if that does anything. If not then I’ll see if I can edit the bgl in ADE tomorrow when I get home.

Thanks. I don't have Ozx installed, but I do have Orbx ftx global, NA, SA, and EU land class, and Vector installed.

I double checked Vector AEC in ftx Central, but I see no entry for YSSL, perhaps because I have this freeware airport installed..?? I also looked thru all the Orbx folders I have in P3D, and I do not see a BGL in there for YSSL, if you can tell me where specifically I should find it i'll see if I can track it down.

I went back to YSSL Rwy 7  this AM, just to take another look, the mound of water is still there, but I'm mistaken about it being "in motion", it's just the "wave action" (provided by REX4) that was giving the illusion of being slowly moving, but it's stationary for sure.

I have it too in my default YSSY at runway 7. I have FS Globel and when I uncheck it in my scenery library the wave is gone. Do you have FS Globel installed?

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

10 hours ago, Oliver Ooi said:

I created a small correction polygon. Try placing this file in the scenery folder and see if this fix the problem:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g6MSeiftlwADx9PY6G8Ew7h5wvY1sN_0

Thanks Oliver..😃

The correction polygon worked perfectly, no more mound of water as you can see in the picture below.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to do this, and thanks again...

UO5O0XA.jpg

13 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

I very much appreciate you taking the time to do this, and thanks again...

No worries, it was a less than 5 minutes of work.

• Upvote 1