Sign in to follow this  
MooneyDrvr

GTN 650 Install failure RXP on FSX-SE

Hi:  I have tried for days to install GTN 650 into FSX-SE.  I have repeatedly installed the RXP software and the install seems to run but nothing happens.   have tried running the install from administrator as well.  The install  fails to create a desktop icon as well as it does nothing.  There are no error messages. 

The GTN Simulator works perfectly as a stand-alone.  FSX-SE works perfectly.  There are NO LOG files in Documents as referenced in the user's manual.

I hope someone can help.  

Jerry

PS, 

Here is the FSUIPC$ log file contents if it helps.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.971 (16th August 2017) by Pete Dowson *********
Windows 10 Enterprise 64 Bit reported as Build 17134, Release ID: 1803 (OS 10.0)
fsx.exe version = 10.0.62615.0
Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside FSX Steam Edition on Windows 10
Module base=169D0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
       15 System time = 20/02/2019 10:18:43
       15 FLT path = "C:\Users\Jerry\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files\"
       31 ------ Module Version Check ------
       31        acontain.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       31             api.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       31        controls.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       31      fs-traffic.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       31             G3D.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       47        language.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       47            sim1.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       47        visualfx.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       47         weather.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       47          window.dll: 10.0.62615.0
       47 ----------------------------------
      125 Trying to connect to SimConnect Steam ...
      140 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\"
      562 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      562 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      562 ------ Setting the hooks and direct calls into the simulator ------
      562 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
      562 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
      578 --- FS Controls Table located ok
      578 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
      578 --- Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
      578 --- SimConnect intercept for texts and menus option is off
      578 --- All links checked okay
      578 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      578 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      578 Trying to use SimConnect Steam
      578 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
     2609 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.62615.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.62615.0)
     2609 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     2609 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     2656 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\flights\other\FLTSIM.FLT
     2656 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.air
    14922 Weather Mode now = Theme
    23968 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Bravo\Mooney_Bravo.air
   692062 === Closing session: waiting for DLLStop to be called ...

Edited by RXP

9 hours ago, MooneyDrvr said:

I have repeatedly installed the RXP software and the install seems to run but nothing happens.

Hi,

First let me 'reassure' you: if it is not installed nor used in an aircraft there won't be any log files until the gauge gets loaded.

Can you please detail what are the indications on your system the 'install seems to run'?

Can you please cross check you have a rxpGTN.dll file in your FSX-SE\Gauges folder?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi RXP:  I am so thankful that you have replied.  I have been bounced from one forum to the next and I am hopeful that you can help.  I just tried to reinstall but I had exceeded my installation limit.  I re-validated my account but since then it  first said my account was not valid and then said Error too many login attempts, please wait a short while longer.  It has been 30 minutes so far.  I'll wait a while longer and then try again but now it will have to be next week as I am leaving.

From memory, when I run rxpGTN-65-FSIM.exe I got through the validation screens (usually), then it asks what simulators to install to and then lists the files it will download.

Here is what is in FSX:

Program files (X86)\Steam\Steam Apps\Common\FSX\Gauges contains rxpGTN.dll.  Note it is named FSX folder in Steam, not FSX-SE.  I have tried checking the load of both FSX and FSX-SE during in the install.  

FYI, at one time I had a non-steam FSX installed but have removed it a long time ago.

There is a Reality XP on the Windows Program Start menu with sub menus:  Garmin GTN 750/650 (Fltsim), Read Me, and User's Manual.  Clicking on the Garmin GTN 750 650 (Fltsim) gives me the message Your up to date and that is all that happens.

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING!!  I sure appreciate it.

I will be away from my computer until February 21 am sorry to say but will log in on my iPad.

Jerry

BTW, I am trying to install this in the Mooney Bravo if I can get it to work

Dell Inspiron 5520, X64, 8GB, Windows 10 (updated windows 7), current bios and  video driver, X-plane (demo) and Steam FSX work.

Ok so you have the gauge file at the right place.

Then do you have the 'add-ons' menu in the FSX-SE menu bar? you might want to review the RXP GTN User's Manual 'Troubleshooting' chapter if the menu doesn't appear.

Last but not least, you might want to cross-check whether your anti-virus has quarantined any 'rxp' file.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi RXP:  I am back and I have tried two more times to reinstall the software.  I am still locked out after several days having gone by because of too many attempts to install the software.. I have gone through the Manual as you suggested and made comments on the pdf fiile.  Is there a way to upload this file to you?.  No Add on menu ever appears.  FSX-SE loads and runs successfully as does the GTN 650 sim stand alone.

I am running out of time on the 30 day limit before having to ask for a refund.  Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Hi RXP: 

I installed FSX and RXP GTN 650  in another computer and it didn't work there either.  It downloaded the GTN 650 files even though I had already install it.  (Is this the source of issue?).  No ADD on menu comes up and the files are all where they should be and Folder protection is off.  I am at my wits end.  

Thank you, 

Jerry

Hi RXP:  I am so thankful that you have replied.  I have been bounced from one forum to the next and I am hopeful that you can help.  I just tried to reinstall but I had exceeded my installation limit.  I re-validated my account but since then it  first said my account was not valid and then said Error too many login attempts, please wait a short while longer.  It has been 30 minutes so far.  I'll wait a while longer and then try again but now it will have to be next week as I am leaving.

From memory, when I run rxpGTN-65-FSIM.exe I got through the validation screens (usually), then it asks what simulators to install to and then lists the files it will download.

Here is what is in FSX:

Program files (X86)\Steam\Steam Apps\Common\FSX\Gauges contains rxpGTN.dll.  Note it is named FSX folder in Steam, not FSX-SE.  I have tried checking the load of both FSX and FSX-SE during in the install.  

FYI, at one time I had a non-steam FSX installed but have removed it a long time ago.

There is a Reality XP on the Windows Program Start menu with sub menus:  Garmin GTN 750/650 (Fltsim), Read Me, and User's Manual.  Clicking on the Garmin GTN 750 650 (Fltsim) gives me the message Your up to date and that is all that happens.

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING!!  I sure appreciate it.

I will be away from my computer until February 21 am sorry to say but will log in on my iPad.

Jerry

BTW, I am trying to install this in the Mooney Bravo if I can get it to work

Dell Inspiron 5520, X64, 8GB, Windows 10 (updated windows 7), current bios and  video driver, X-plane (demo) and Steam FSX work.

Hi RXP:  i suspect the problem is with theGTN software.  In both computers it was installed before the Reality software.  I found the second computer doesn't work right with GTN 650 now.  Never got it to work.  Maybe let the Reality software install the GTN 650 before anything.

Hi,

I'm sorry for the lack of answers (broke a finger, see my post in RXP - General Forum).

In short: review the User's Manual for troubleshooting the menu (hints: simconnect, DLL.xml, see example).

Besides and unrelated, there is another issue with FSX-SE and aircraft in a 'DLC' folder. This is fixed for the next GTN update.