9 hours ago, Glynn said:

The Pots are open, they are miniature trim pots, spraying them with contact cleaner with a long nozzle works perfectly

Done mine many times.

I assume you're talking about Saitek and not GoFlight. You're the first person I've seen who has said the Saitek pots are easily accessible for cleaning. Others have said they are all but inaccessible and were designed that way. But this topic is about GoFlight so let's not deviate from the topic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This is the pot on a saitek throttle, as you can see it is open, just stick the long nozzle on your electrical cleaner down the side of the lever and spray whilst moving the throttle.

No disassembly needed.

It's easy but maybe the others did not understand what they were doing ?

download.jpg

Edited by Glynn

3 hours ago, Glynn said:

This is the pot on a saitek throttle, as you can see it is open, just stick the long nozzle on your electrical cleaner down the side of the lever and spray whilst moving the throttle.

No disassembly needed.

It's easy but maybe the others did not understand what they were doing ?

I find it hard to believe it’s that easy. I took mine apart but stopped when it became clear it was not an easy job to access the potentiometer. But two things...

1) It would be an easier job to spray the pot when the throttle is disassembled as in your photo. Full instructions would help.

2) The title of this topic refers to the GoFlight MCP so is unlikely to be found by the casual reader. A separate topic might be more helpful.

Cleaning might help if dirt was the problem. But if it’s worn I don’t see how spraying switch cleaner would do any good. Mine were fine for nearly ten years before they started spiking. That is wear and irreparable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 3/17/2019 at 10:31 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m pleased to report that my GoFlight vertical speed wheel has been repaired and is working fine.

My thanks to Chris of Fulcrum aka @tutmeister for doing the repair which required skills I don’t possess. Because I had an older MCP the replacement part was slightly different than the original but Chris was able to make it fit.

The action is silky smooth now. If any of you have a dodgy wheel then that component in the link on the post above  should sort you out but you will need soldering skills.

Hello, do you know if those encoders mentioned in the previous post work with the other knobs like heading, altitude etc etc ? 

13 minutes ago, Icaro_07 said:

Hello, do you know if those encoders mentioned in the previous post work with the other knobs like heading, altitude etc etc ? 

I don’t, sorry but @tutmeister (Chris of Fulcrum) will. He may respond to this as I’ve tagged him. If I was to guess I’d say yes but only Chris can give a definitive answer.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi @Ray Proudfoot and @Icaro_07, I'm afraid I have no idea if they are the same encoder for all functions. It is a while since I saw inside Ray's mcp and can't really remember what was connected to the knobs on the front. I was mainly focussed on the VS wheel and how it was mounted and can't remember the encoders types on the others. Sorry. I even did a google for internal pics but couldn't find any.

Chris

• Upvote 1

@Icaro_07, I can’t help on that side, sorry. But if you plan to use it with the PMDG737 in P3D then GIT by Pollypot is the ideal software. All the switches and dials are pre-configured.

https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good luck! 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Used the encoder mentioned here to replace the crs knobs on mine yesterday. Worked very well. Had to cut off he two pins for the push button that is not needed. Might order a couple without push function later. Very easy to remove and solder in the new one. The ones here should work for every encoder on the mcp pro.

• Upvote 1

André Sørhagen Klophus

ENGM - Gardermoen Oslo Norway