Sign in to follow this  
kiki

Text- hard to read

Hi there! For some reason texts in P3D start up menu are quite difficult to read. Is there a way to change the font? Or is it something else?   348gaqx.jpg

Edited by kiki

1 hour ago, Bookie454 said:

Looks like you need to adjust your screen resolution within the P3D settings.

Thanks for your help. I tried that but it doen´t make any difference. Mu resolution is 2560x1440x32 in the monitor and in the P3D. I tried to play with the display settings of the sim but the text still look that bad.

Any ideas, please!??!

Maybe you are missing an important font type which is required for P3D. Did you install other applications recently. Sometimes apps may change/modify system fonts.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Make sure your resolution refresh rate is at 60Hz.  I doubt it is a font issue as P3D installs fonts if not found during install.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Also check your text scaling options. If that image is a full screen cap your buttons are cut in half. Usually results when text size is set too large.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Forgot about text sizing (ctrl+ or ctrl-).  That would do it too!

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Here is what I have done so far:

• -        Screen resolution - checked (2560x1440x32) in the monitor and in the P3D
  • -       System fonts – not done – don´t know how to do
  • -       Refresh rate of the monitor – checked – 60Hz
  • -       Font size checked and tried ctrl+ and ctrl-- no impact 
  • -        Played wuth all the parameters of the Image and Texture Quality in P3D – didn´t help
  • -        Updated the driverts for my video card – situation is just the same
  • -       Did some experiments with the settings of the video card – wasted time for nothing

So, at this point I am a little 😀 frustrated and would like to try some new tricks…

Edited by kiki

Hi all

I have a similar issue except I do have a full screen. The install was p3d v4.4 vanilla and I have tried all suggestions without success,

rx580 8gb / amd r7 1700x  / win10

11 minutes ago, Garry Scanlan said:

Hi all

I have a similar issue except I do have a full screen. The install was p3d v4.4 vanilla and I have tried all suggestions without success,

rx580 8gb / amd r7 1700x  / win10

So I am not the only living person on this planet with this problem! 🙂 I also have the 4.4.  Garry, you haven´t found solution for this?

no.

the reason i reinstalled was something went wrong, the problem just appeared and i also lost my rudder and yoke inputs.

the last thing i did was mod my registry to run p3d v3 installers in p3d v4 and that worked just fine because i ran 2 installations no probs.

my monitor is lg ultrawide 2560x1080 and i tried with virtual super resolution at default and lower and higher rez and the controllers work fine in the new install.

Only other thing that comes to mind is the monitor setup itself.. Usually there's a button on the monitor that will bring up a menu to change various parameters. Perhaps you should reset it to defaults and/or look to see if anything seems out of order.

Do you have another monitor you can swap in temporarily?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I see that your screenshot is showing your opening Scenario Screen with the blurry text.  My question is how does it look when flying?  Cockpit panel looks the same with blurry knobs and text for radio freqs, etc?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Try renaming the P3D.cfg to P3D.off, restart and see if this fixes the problem.  Configs get corrupted.

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

I see that your screenshot is showing your opening Scenario Screen with the blurry text.  My question is how does it look when flying?  Cockpit panel looks the same with blurry knobs and text for radio freqs, etc?

They are just fine.