Sign in to follow this  
kiki

Text- hard to read

Hi Garry and Kiki,

Can you tell what video cards do you have? by looking at the pictures it seems the graphics are blurry on purpose to keep performance to a certain level.

This can be caused sometimes by GPU drivers, for example AMD Crimson Software or Nvidia Inspector.

If you provide more information I can post some suggestions.

Regards,
Simbol

Jim - could you give a little more clarification on your comments re renaming the dll.xml. I have found the file in program data but I'm being a bit thick this morning.

I believe you are saying rename dll.xml to scenery.cfg? and then rename scenery.cfg [also in program data] to p3d.cfg?

simbol - I'm running a factory oc'd AMD RX580 8gb made by XFX & v19.2.2 driver

11 minutes ago, Garry Scanlan said:

simbol - I'm running a factory oc'd AMD RX580 8gb made by XFX & v19.2.2 driver

Right, it is very likely this issue is caused by the Crimson software which is trying to keep your video card FPS in control and the end result is that it interferes with P3D.

I have seen it before, where the Crimson Software was causing P3D shaders to fail to operate properly and as a result video artefacts were being displayed inside the simulator, this is an example: https://community.amd.com/thread/223432 .

I advise you to remove AMD Crymson software, restart the PC and let Windows 10 to install the default AMD drivers.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garry Scanlan said:

simbol - do i do this via device manager and 'uninstall device'?

No via the control panel, add remove software.

The anomalies you are seeing with the text is a video artefact too. 😉

Regards 

Simbol 

d'oh!😣

Simbol- I have opened programs and features and there are 2 AMD entries - Ryzen Master and AMD software [that links to a 78mb BIN64 file] and no Radeon entries either.

Seems like I do not have the driver correctly installed?

I have ASUS R7 250X.

I haven´t had time to work on this problem but would like to know how can I tell if I have Crimson (which I haven´t been able to find) in my system! And yes, I do have artefacts like https://community.amd.com/thread/223432 . My drivers are 19.1.1. and they say the problem was solved with v18.3.1.

Edited by kiki

Simbol - SUCCESS!! Can't thank you enough.

Kiki-I uninstalled the AMD Software entry in programs and features, this removed all the amd package and rebooted.

Grateful thanks to all others that gave their time to help me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

gotta love the avsim community                                                                                                            

• Like 1

BINGO! Start-up screen is now perfect.

Thank you so much Simbol! 

• Like 1

kiki-glad to hear that!

the only thing i see we lose is the amd add on package to change global and game settings, vsr et al. a small price to pay.

let's hope the next driver release fixes this.

and thanks for starting this thread.