Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

QW787 Only Gets Better

I hope we don't get into a situation over the next twelve months where every developer and his dog starts shouting out "look at our fantastic PBR textures" whilst ignoring other rather more important issues that need to be sorted out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just curious what VNAV LNAV issues people are having? Ive flown it a number of times and dont see anything major.  The turns are a little wonky on LNAV but its corrected. VNAV mostly been on point but if I see it get out of hand a bit, I take over with V/S. And never had a CTD once. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

So, nice PBR on the outside, same atrocious framerate on the displays on the inside?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Just curious what VNAV LNAV issues people are having? Ive flown it a number of times and dont see anything major.  The turns are a little wonky on LNAV but its corrected. VNAV mostly been on point but if I see it get out of hand a bit, I take over with V/S. And never had a CTD once. 

Ditto here.

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Add me to the list of not having any issues. I enjoy flying this plane. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

13 hours ago, pracines said:

Has VNAV or LNAV been fixed? I'm asking because I don't know, and I don't mean "improved" I mean operating as LNAV and VNAV in a 787 is expected to. PBR is fine and dandy but does not help operate the plane realistically. If LNAV and VNAV are fixed then I can see why QW moved on to PBR, but I didn't see any report on such a fix. 

Priorities dude... this is the only bird in my fleet that CTD's for me ever since I moved to v4.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Wise87, SunDevil56 and HighTowers: I'd be very interested to know whether you can save a flight, e.g. over the Atlantic, shut down the sim and continue that flight the next day without issues.

Thanks for the info.

Chris Kuehne

10 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

Sure, it's pretty, but also prone to CTD and has a whole host of bugs..

I agree. I find myself coming back to the 787 once in a while but, get discouraged with the CTD's at random points, or flaws with LNAV\VNAV, inconsistency with step climbs and other options that were previously enabled.

I really want this bird to succeed. I'm hoping the next update fixes a lot of those issues. Consistency is key.

• Like 1

Sante Sottile

3 minutes ago, Tino said:

I agree. I find myself coming back to the 787 once in a while but, get discouraged with the CTD's at random points, or flaws with LNAV\VNAV, inconsistency with step climbs and other options that were previously enabled.

I really want this bird to succeed. I'm hoping the next update fixes a lot of those issues. Consistency is key.

*Topic derail alert*

Sante! How's the Quito release? 🙂

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

How's the Quito release?

Topic Derail Alert #2 !

What? FB doing a Quito? Now you have me salivating😀

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, vc10man said:

Precisely, Erich. Aesthetics comes last compared to fundamental issues which come first. That's one of the reasons I have not dived in and bought this from QW. 

Same

RE Thomason Jr.

.....given that this aircraft has been about for almost a year now, you'd have thought they would have addressed the LNAV VNAV issues by now - notwithstanding that it was in development for a number of years.

The Captain Sim 757 is the one that annoys me at the moment. Incorrect take off trim calculations in the FMC, terrain warnings just after leaving the ground, VNAV issues, and an annoying tendency to ignore the climb speed restrictions that I set. It seems to want to "blow the doors off" up to 250 knots every time that I take off :dry:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, HighTowers said:

but if I see it get out of hand a bit, I take over with V/S

This is what the "issues" are. For VNAV to need a babysitter in V/S, is a flaw that should not exist, especially at the price point of the product and their own claim. 

This is what QW claims for the 787 package: 

• Accurately Simulated Autoflight System with Autoland Capability

For you to have to take over with V/S ever, makes the above claim untrue until it is fixed, if it ever is.

I personally will not buy it until the product is fixed, PBR or not.

I hope PBR does not become a marketing redemption tool that flight simmers fall for. 

• Upvote 4

Just did several flights with that 757 that you mentioned, Christopher, the last being from CYUL to BIKF and then to EGLL. I'm happy. No issues at all. Saved and exited the flight over Scotland. Continued the next day (today) and landed safely at EGLL. The only minor flaw when continuing the flight is the warning "Pass oxygen on". Everything else is correct and free of troubles. Beautiful. I'm hoping that the QW787 will make it there, too. As it is, I can recommend the former, but not the latter. But I'm hoping ...

Chris Kuehne

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Incorrect take off trim calculations in the FMC

How is that Christopher? Some elucidation on that, please. I have no issues setting the trim as shown on that FMC Perf page.