Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

QW787 Only Gets Better

37 minutes ago, pracines said:

This is what the "issues" are. For VNAV to need a babysitter in V/S, is a flaw that should not exist, especially at the price point of the product and their own claim. 

This is what QW claims for the 787 package: 

• Accurately Simulated Autoflight System with Autoland Capability

For you to have to take over with V/S ever, makes the above claim untrue until it is fixed, if it ever is.

I personally will not buy it until the product is fixed, PBR or not.

I hope PBR does not become a marketing redemption tool that flight simmers fall for. 

Fully concur.

28 minutes ago, Christoph4445 said:

Just did several flights with that 757 that you mentioned, Christopher, the last being from CYUL to BIKF and then to EGLL. I'm happy. No issues at all. Saved and exited the flight over Scotland. Continued the next day (today) and landed safely at EGLL. The only minor flaw when continuing the flight is the warning "Pass oxygen on". Everything else is correct and free of troubles. Beautiful. I'm hoping that the QW787 will make it there, too. As it is, I can recommend the former, but not the latter. But I'm hoping ...

Chris Kuehne

Again, concur. Have never had Saved Flight, re-commencement issues.

Is QW a one-person shop? Because I was under the impression they had multiple employees, which means presumably they have at least one guy doing the art, and at least one other guy doing the programming.

As such, if the art guy is working on PBR and gets done before the programming guy gets VNAV fixed, what's wrong with releasing the eye candy?

14 hours ago, pracines said:

This is what the "issues" are. For VNAV to need a babysitter in V/S, is a flaw that should not exist, especially at the price point of the product and their own claim. 

This is what QW claims for the 787 package: 

• Accurately Simulated Autoflight System with Autoland Capability

For you to have to take over with V/S ever, makes the above claim untrue until it is fixed, if it ever is.

I personally will not buy it until the product is fixed, PBR or not.

I hope PBR does not become a marketing redemption tool that flight simmers fall for. 

My gosh if you have that much reliance on VNAV working perfectly every time without other options, you might want to consider talking to RW pilots.  In my conversations, they switch modes all the time depending on the situation.  VNAV is not the king and is susceptible to idiosyncrasies be it wind changes, odd STARS, or ATC that has vectored.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Yes, but....you know.....some virtual pilots are not training to become real world pilots. They just want to enjoy simulated flying and scenery viewing without the hassle of complications, non functional instruments, and failures.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

My gosh if you have that much reliance on VNAV working perfectly every time without other options, you might want to consider talking to RW pilots.  In my conversations, they switch modes all the time depending on the situation.  VNAV is not the king and is susceptible to idiosyncrasies be it wind changes, odd STARS, or ATC that has vectored.  

Why confuse the matter with (my?) reliance? You rely on your eyes, right? My gosh, why don't you use your ears or nose instead?🤷‍♂️

This is not a matter of what A/P mode one uses, its a matter of QW implementing PBR before they get what they say functions correctly on their features/sales page, but it does not. I switch between modes in my PMDG planes when it is called for ( I know when ), but I don't have to, like several users here have confirmed they have to in QW 787.🤢   

One does not need to talk to a real pilot to know that something is broken in a simulation any more than one needs to talk to a doctor to know they cant see; do you see what I mean?🙂

The moral of the story is: LNAV/VNAV is much more important than PBR, we'll see if (we hope) QW understands this.🧐

excuses👨‍⚖️

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, eslader said:

Is QW a one-person shop? Because I was under the impression they had multiple employees, which means presumably they have at least one guy doing the art, and at least one other guy doing the programming.

As such, if the art guy is working on PBR and gets done before the programming guy gets VNAV fixed, what's wrong with releasing the eye candy?

Charles, I understand your reasoning, but can you find anywhere on the features page of the QW 787 a mention of PBR? No, it currently is not there. But, 'Accurately Simulated Autoflight System with Autoland Capability' is there in the features list, and customers should be able to expect that before PBR is even in the planning stage. 

• Upvote 1

I would think that the programmers responsible for LNAV and VNAV systems have absolutely nothing to do with the world of PBR textures, so let's give Quality Wings a break, guys. My comment was more a general one to do with PBR textures being considered the best thing since sliced bread, rather than a complaint about it being added before system issues had been resolved.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

QW announced they were in beta for this update long before they even announced PBR. They admitted there are VNAV issues and they were working to address them. I would consider PBR as an added bonus and would give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Nice, but still no enroute winds entry possible. I cannot understand why they would not make this feature top priority. Makes a huge difference for long haul flying - the thing this airplane is made for!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I would think that the programmers responsible for LNAV and VNAV systems have absolutely nothing to do with the world of PBR textures, so let's give Quality Wings a break, guys. My comment was more a general one to do with PBR textures being considered the best thing since sliced bread, rather than a complaint about it being added before system issues had been resolved.

If the QW 787 was priced at $25 I would never have mentioned anything against the product or the company. And I'm very happy for those who are happy with the QW 787.

Given all the facts -

• how long it took to release
  • the feature list
  • the price point
  • how many updates since release and still flawed

I think QW has been given enough breaks. But now the lipstick (PBR) is being added to extremely chapped (LNAV/VNAV) and sunburnt (CTD's) lips.   

QW is a single company, regardless of its departments. There is a responsibility to focus on what is promised on the feature list, before things that are not on the feature list, are added. I know about how QW is made up of "individual contractors" so to speak, but that cannot be allowed to be an excuse because of the plain and simple facts above. The QW company organization cannot be allowed to be an excuse because, its selling a product for a price. Customers have to pay as usual, and abide by the EULA as usual, so QW has to deliver what they claim. But given the history (the 757) the LNAV may be "acceptable" to many, but VNAV still does not function correctly in the 757 (how many updates??) . 

I don't think for one moment that a texture designer is so stupid that he/she cannot help with ideas concerning aircraft systems and ways to possibly get it right. There is an intelligence factor and a customer service factor that must be realized after all this time. 

The answer is simple - 

• don't release it until its ready (features working as stated)
  • don't make claims that are not true (customers know what to expect)
  • make the price comparable to the product (is it "study level" or not- currently its not, why is it priced that way then?)
  • fix it before the lipstick (the right thing to do)

excuses & giving QW a break

So QW needs to get itself back to a mediocre price point, amend the feature lists, and forget that they are ready for "study level" because QW is not at the study level yet. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Chrjs said:

Nice, but still no enroute winds entry possible. I cannot understand why they would not make this feature top priority. Makes a huge difference for long haul flying - the thing this airplane is made for!

See, the thing is, it can be the top priority for the team programming the systems, while other teams can do other work. Releasing a graphics update is not an indication that VNAV isn't being worked on or that it's low priority.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pracines said:

QW is a single company, regardless of its departments. There is a responsibility to focus on what is promised on the feature list, before things that are not on the feature list, are added

That makes no sense. There's no reason why QW is not allowed to release improvements in graphics and sounds until the FMC is perfect.

I'll try that with my boss on Monday - I'm not coming in to work or doing anything until our top corporate priority has been addressed! 🙂

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Wow tough crowd. I normally don't like to do this while the community is doing their thing, but I felt I needed to address a few items.

Couple of things :

- We are not a 1 one man outfit, it's a little insulting (at least to me) that anyone can think one single person can put out a product remotely anywhere close to the feature set of the Ultimate 787. Especially considering how hard we have worked on this product and continue to do so.

- Since we are a team, we all work on our respective areas, with lots of coordination of course. Now just because we are announcing PBR and putting out an update that includes it, doesn't mean everything else not related to PBR (A/P, Aircraft Systems, FDE etc etc) comes to a screeching halt and it's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

- This is NOT a PBR only update, I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised some of the things we are including in this update.

- We have decided against less frequent larger updates, and are pursuing more frequent smaller updates to move things forward to improve the end user experience, especially for some items that require addressing as quickly as we can.

- There are lots of things we are working on and continue to work on with the 787, namely areas that are repeated over and over again in this thread in the Product Improvement Pack (PIP) as well as the 787-10

- Developing complex addons is NOT easy, it takes thousands of hours and years of development, research, debugging and just plain hard work

- We think the 787 is an incredible value for what is offered. Especially considering you have literally nothing to lose with a 30 day no questions asked refund policy.

- There are some of you on here that do not own our product, yet go out of the way everytime somebody brings up our product on threads here to tell them how bad you think it is. Give it a rest already, we get it you don't like our product and that's fine, we aren't perfect nor do we claim to be. But don't engage in misinformation or going off an tangents about things you have no idea about regarding who we are, how we operate as a group or what are or aren't our priorities. I'll bet 99 out of 100 items we already know about behind the scenes.

- Everyone take a deep breath it is not all doom and gloom over at QW lol. If you own our product we thank you, there are lots of new and exciting things coming including many improvements and optimizations. So stay tuned.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif