Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

QW787 Only Gets Better

3 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

The HUD is unusable because the refresh rate is so bad. The displays aren’t much better. 

Yeah I wondered, I cannot stand that with Addon. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

27 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

The HUD is unusable because the refresh rate is so bad. The displays aren’t much better. 

Really? Better check your system setup because it looks fine to me.

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

On 2/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, Ezra said:

PBR coming in next update.

Any idea when we can expect this update to be released? I'm looking forward to seeing what PBR can do.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

22 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Better check your system setup because it looks fine to me.

Same here. 

Admittedly, my system is above average, but I suspect the issues with refresh rates on the HUD and PFD's could be hardware related..

11 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Same here. 

Admittedly, my system is above average, but I suspect the issues with refresh rates on the HUD and PFD's could be hardware related..

They are not hardware related. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

If you say so.

All I can tell you is the PFD's and HUD are smooth as silk on my system, no issues whatsoever with refresh rates, none.... 

Sorry to hear of your troubles, if it's not stretching the limits of your hardware, then I wonder what it could be..??

This is certainly not something i've heard a lot of complaints about, that's for sure. Hope you get it worked out.

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Like 1

I don’t have any issues with hud or pfd refresh rates either. Just as smooth as others out there.

• Upvote 1

Do these PBR textures also manifest themselves in the VC? I rarely get to see the outside of the plane that I am flying.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Then you have some other problem to chase, because the HUD is perfectly fine on my end as well. I use it all the time and it's very smooth.

• Upvote 1

The PFD refresh rate is set to 18 FPS by default. (I don’t know for sure, but  suspect the HUD is exactly the same.) This is a fairly low refresh rate compared to default rates in other payware aircraft and has exactly nothing to do with the user’s hardware.

You may not notice the lower than typical refresh rate, but it’s a fact nonetheless. The manual identifies a tweak you can add in the cfg file for the aircraft that increases the refresh rate (at the cost of performance) but some have reported the tweak doesn’t actually work.

James

10 minutes ago, honanhal said:

The PFD refresh rate is set to 18 FPS by default. (I don’t know for sure, but  suspect the HUD is exactly the same.) This is a fairly low refresh rate compared to default rates in other payware aircraft and has exactly nothing to do with the user’s hardware.

You may not notice the lower than typical refresh rate, but it’s a fact nonetheless. The manual identifies a tweak you can add in the cfg file for the aircraft that increases the refresh rate (at the cost of performance) but some have reported the tweak doesn’t actually work.

James

If the HUD is indeed set to 18fps, and if it's not noticeable by most people, which by far seems to be the prevailing experience most users are reporting, what would account for the refresh rate apparently being a big issue for a very small number of people..??

54 minutes ago, honanhal said:

The P3D (and FSX, FS9...) gauge system runs with a 55ms update period...or ~18 updates per second.  Gauges in addons that have a draw rate faster than this have to interpolate the data streaming from the core simulation, as it doesn't come from the simulation any faster than the gauge system refresh rate. 

Given that the default refresh rate is already set to that magic value of 18 Hz, I'm not sure if setting a refresh rate greater than 18 in the config file really has any effect.  I did a little cursory Google-Fu and did not find any good info one way or the other.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 hours ago, eslader said:

Then you have some other problem to chase, because the HUD is perfectly fine on my end as well. I use it all the time and it's very smooth.

There is no problem with my system.

QW limits the display/HUD FPS to 18. That is a fact. I run P3D at 36 FPS.

I'll chime in again.  I fly the 787 at work and I'm very pleased with the QW 787. I also agree with the title of this thread 😀

I do get the occasional glitch but I get glitches with every software program I've ever dealt with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, scottsware said:

I'll chime in again.  I fly the 787 at work and I'm very pleased with the QW 787. I also agree with the title of this thread 😀

I do get the occasional glitch but I get glitches with every software program I've ever dealt with.

At last a real post.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png