Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

QW787 Only Gets Better

PBR coming in next update.

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded the video. Videos must be embedded.
  • Like 3

It would be nice to see some kind of side by side comparison of PBR vs non PBR. The only big difference I see is with metallic paints, like the old AA scheme. Not criticizing at all, just trying to notice the difference.

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Looks awsome I wonder if the cockpit will get any PBR updates

Ray Ellis

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

Ray Ellis       YSSY

Has VNAV or LNAV been fixed? I'm asking because I don't know, and I don't mean "improved" I mean operating as LNAV and VNAV in a 787 is expected to. PBR is fine and dandy but does not help operate the plane realistically. If LNAV and VNAV are fixed then I can see why QW moved on to PBR, but I didn't see any report on such a fix. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Good question. But they do know about it. 

I can complete a whole (programmed) flight (eg. Seattle to San-Fran), but I have to baby sit the auto pilot and help it along during descent. Having said this, the approach mode works well when it works. Last time I flew, the auto put me right on the threshold at landing speed which I found impressive.

Does it always work and will they fix the VNAV and LNAV in the next update? I hope so but not  so sure.

Nice, but to me, I agree with those that complain a little bit about where QW put the focus. In my case, I am eagerly waiting for a 787-10, not for a PBR one. I hope that at least some of the bugs are also addressed and not only eye candy stuff...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 hours ago, VH-RAY said:

Looks awsome I wonder if the cockpit will get any PBR updates

Ray Ellis

I hope they fix the LNAV VNAV behavior first.

The aircraft looks great with PBR but I'm also hoping they apply it to the VC, given that this is where all the 'oooh'ing' and 'ahhh'ing' should be coming from.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I hope they fix the LNAV VNAV behavior first.

The aircraft looks great with PBR but I'm also hoping they apply it to the VC, given that this is where all the 'oooh'ing' and 'ahhh'ing' should be coming from.

Precisely, Erich. Aesthetics comes last compared to fundamental issues which come first. That's one of the reasons I have not dived in and bought this from QW.

• Like 2

I don't know how resources are split in the QW team, but it's quite possible the guy doing the PBR work isn't the guy responsible for systems/gauge programming, so doing PBR wouldn't necessarily delay any fixes for Lnav etc.  

Dave Garwood.

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

Precisely, Erich. Aesthetics comes last compared to fundamental issues which come first. That's one of the reasons I have not dived in and bought this from QW.

I bought it months ago but have flown it once.  Flawed LNAV VNAV logic is an immersion killer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave CBFS said:

I don't know how resources are split in the QW team, but it's quite possible the guy doing the PBR work isn't the guy responsible for systems/gauge programming, so doing PBR wouldn't necessarily delay any fixes for Lnav etc.  

Agree Dave, but  given that this aircraft has been about for almost a year now, you'd have thought they would have addressed the LNAV VNAV issues by now - notwithstanding that it was in development for a number of years.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Agree Dave, but  given that this aircraft has been about for almost a year now, you'd have thought they would have addressed the LNAV VNAV issues by now - notwithstanding that it was in development for a number of years.

Again, salient points there, Erich.

+1

To me, the question whether a flight can be saved and continued is of first importance. If this works, I can still continue after a CTD and not much time is lost. I hope this will be fixed. A number of people have mentioned this issue in the forum but, unfortunately, there was no reply.

Chris Kuehne

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

Sure, it's pretty, but also prone to CTD and has a whole host of bugs..

I agree. This is the only aircraft in my stable which causes a CTD. Unknown reasons. 

On the other hand I don't have many issues with the LNAV and VNAV. Maybe I am missing it.

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"