Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

P3D v4.5 ??

Has anyone seen a possible release date for v4.5, the only reason I am asking is I need to do a complete reinstall of P3D, but will hold off if 4.5 is imminent.

Thanks

John. 

Edited by bloxboy

Nobody knows when/if it will be relased; however, you can try to extract the date based on LM's history.  To that end, LM has released a new version every 2.4 years:

Nov 2010 V1 released

Nov 2013 V2 released

Sep 2015 V3 released

May 2017 V4 released 

Judging from history, I suspect 4.5 will be released before Jun '19 followed by V5 in May - Sept '20.  Obviously, this is nothing more than speculation based on thier release history, which has be remarkely stable.  The same was true for Microsoft; we got a new sim every 2.5 years....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matt King

12 hours ago, bloxboy said:

Has anyone seen a possible release date for v4.5, the only reason I am asking is I need to do a complete reinstall of P3D, but will hold off if 4.5 is imminent.

Thanks

John. 

Wait it out.

38 minutes ago, jymp said:

Better question is what updates will be in it ?

According to John Venema from ORBX it will at least bring (i) performance improvements, (ii) shorter load times

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167810-true-earth-gb-south-p3d-44-my-final-shots/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-1483681

These two alone would be very welcome, wouldn't they?

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Improvements to the autogen system that would enable those ORBx TrueEarth "3DM files" to be replaced, resulting in vastly improved framerates around London and other "CityScene" style scenery regions without having to sacrifice huge amounts of 3D real estate.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

50 minutes ago, pmb said:

These two alone would be very welcome, wouldn't they?

Giving Ai a few brain cells would be very welcome. They’re just as daft as they were in FSX - 13 years ago! 🤨

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Giving Ai a few brain cells would be very welcome. They’re just as daft as they were in FSX - 13 years ago! 🤨

If they can make some fundamental improvements to AI, that possibly might help to build sloped runways in later versions.

Bilal Asif Khan

16 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Nobody knows when/if it will be relased; however, you can try to extract the date based on LM's history.  To that end, LM has released a new version every 2.4 years:

Nov 2010 V1 released

Nov 2013 V2 released

Sep 2015 V3 released

May 2017 V4 released 

Judging from history, I suspect 4.5 will be released before Jun '19 followed by V5 in May - Sept '20.  Obviously, this is nothing more than speculation based on thier release history, which has be remarkely stable.  The same was true for Microsoft; we got a new sim every 2.5 years....

Interesting....

What was the interval like between sub version updates for V2, V3 and V4?

Bilal Asif Khan

I thought of another one.......a better depiction of the night sky, and stars that fade in/out realistically at dawn and dusk. At the moment, I have a crazy situation where stars are visible when the entire disk of the Sun is above the horizon, and also the odd star that is visible on the horizon right next to the Sun as it is just about to rise :dry:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

At the moment, I have a crazy situation where stars are visible when the entire disk of the Sun is above the horizon, and also the odd star that is visible on the horizon right next to the Sun as it is just about to rise :dry:

Another feature carried over from FSX. 🤪 Just like the stutters when you position on 28 at EGLC, slew up to 500ft and then move westward towards Canary Wharf. Stutters as you cross the prime meridian. I can remember that one in FS95! 🙄

The underlying code must be gathering cobwebs!

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Don't you love seeing the clump of aircraft on short final, then have them all do a 180 degree turn at 500ft, when going missed? 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

3 minutes ago, Tino said:

Don't you love seeing the clump of aircraft on short final, then have them all do a 180 degree turn at 500ft, when going missed? 😂

If you want to see  well-behaved AI and ATC, just try out the demo of VOXATC. If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it. It's due for a minor update, so ATM, I'd wait to buy it. Of course, one needs a microphone to use it, although for IFR flights, one can assign a AI FO to handle comms.

• Like 2