Sign in to follow this  
ols500

Regular stutters every minute.

1 hour ago, ols500 said:

Already tried that, just gonna spend my afternoon re-installing 😞 I appreciate the help anyway.

Are you reinstalling just the sim or a new fresh partition drop and windows reinstall. 

Are you running in 4k?

Do you have ai on? 

Does it happen everywhere or only in an orbx area? 

What are you texture size settings 

What is your autogen settings 

Do you have latest version of sode

Do you have latest version of fsuipc 

What gfx card 

What cpu?? 

Do you have hyper threading on or off

Absolutly every single one of those things I mentioned above will cause stutters if you don't set it up correctly on your system. 

As infuriating 'every one system is is different' is it is even more infuriatly true. 

For example on my rig I have to have hyper threading on with an affinity mask. It took 6 weeks to get 4.4  to run smoothly. And a heap of tweaking.  

Please don't think deleting shaders is the magic bullet and by just uninstalling and reinstalling P3Dv4 is going to solve all your problems. 

You need to start from scratch and systematically work through the issues. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Ok, re-installed P3D. Sadly the issue still persists every 2nd second of every minute a stutter occurs.

I have not overclocked anything, but here are my specs:

i5 8600K

16GB RAM

GTX 1060 

9 minutes ago, tooting said:

Do you have hyper threading on or off

Don't think the i5 8600K has hyperthreading.

9 minutes ago, tooting said:

Are you running in 4k?

No, 1080p.

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

Plus I have not used any affinity mask tweak, or use Nvidia inspector.

12 hours ago, madhouse1616 said:

This one may be off from your situation but I traced my stutters down to a conflict between my windows 10 sound drivers and my amd rtx sound drivers

How did you track the conflict?

Edited by ols500

Ah, it's not just in P3D, with other games I get the same stutter every minute.

6 hours ago, ols500 said:

Ah, it's not just in P3D, with other games I get the same stutter every minute.

Points to a hardware issue then, rather than software.

Overheating? If you are comfortable with hardware I'd take it all apart, give it a good clean and re-seat everything, just to make sure. After that go into your BIOS and make sure everything is set correctly. Don't rely on default or auto settings. There is a LOT of information out there that could help with your specific issue.

Hope you get it sorted. These faults are a real pain to isolate.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

when  did it  start  the  stutters  since  you  must  have  changed  some thing  to  have  it, or  did you  have  it  from day  one   when  you  first installed  p3d

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

45 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

Hope you get it sorted. These faults are a real pain to isolate.

Thanks 😄

I'm gonna give my PC a good clean, but in game, the CPU runs at 70c, so should be fine.

====================SOLUTION=======================

I found out that the windows 1809 update turned on "Game Mode" which causes windows to search through the game and try to optimise windows every 60 seconds... Turned it off and it was fixed!! NEVER turn this on! 😄

-Ollie

Thanks for posting the solution 😊 far too many threads just end with “sorted” with no clue as to how.

Regards

Alan