Steve Dra

iFly announces free update for the 747...the BCF!

Hey guys,

In case you missed it, iFly announced the soon-to-be released free update for P3D V4 users for the 747...the BCF!

I have it on good authority that she'll be released with a few liveries....imagine that...a FREE update with included liveries! 🙂

Here are just a few shots of some of the paints that will be released with the update (go to iFly's general forum here to check out all the paints: http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/topic17271.html)

The plane is not modeled in PBR, but I heard that the painter who did the metal paints used his custom alpha layers to really enhance the shine on the metal. 😉

o3Ig43.jpg

kJ81FG.jpg

a5Tnzu.jpg

ubIKWH.jpg

Gibaoz.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks nice Steve.

I have the iFly 737 NGX, and i really like it a lot. I have been toying with the idea of getting the iFly 747, and I just wondered what people's impressions of it are...??

I have the iFly 747-400 and the 747-800 (800 added as an update). Both planes look very good outside and inside.

To my opinion their FMS 's have the same sophistication level as the one in the 737 NG and I love flying them, very smooth and stable!! The 800 is my favorite for the moment.

And now with the FREE update for the cargo version this beats PMDG by far for less than half the price!

I love iFly !!

• Upvote 1

Oof... I wish they had announced this much, much earlier. The only reason I got the PMDG was because there was not freighter included with the iFly, and freighter ops was essentially the only reason I wanted a 747 in my stable. I'm incredibly pleased with my PMDG 747, but at half the price (a third when including the 747-8?) the iFly seems like a much better deal, given that I have no interest in failures and such.

At any rate, it looks great... and BTW, what's that airport that the UPS 747 is taking off from? (EDIT: Never mind, it's KSDF)

22 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

the iFly seems like a much better deal, given that I have no interest in failures and such.

What makes you think the iFly doesn't offer system failure simulation? I can attest there is system failures and they are quite accurate.

• Upvote 1

The new liveries look stunning!

iFly just keeps hitting it out of the park.

That are great news! A freighter model was really the only thing I missed. 

2 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

What makes you think the iFly doesn't offer system failure simulation? I can attest there is system failures and they are quite accurate.

Well clearly I have no idea :P

I guess I assumed, based on the lower pricetag, that it wasn't offering them. I stand corrected.

I operate the 747-400 in real life and have not been at all disappointed by the ifly 747, on the contrary I’ve been really surprised just how good it is,especially considering it’s price compared to its obvious competitor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Well clearly I have no idea 😛

I guess I assumed, based on the lower pricetag, that it wasn't offering them. I stand corrected.

You aren't the only one.  There seems to be this misconception that because or three pricetag that their aircraft are on par with the QW 757 (not a bad aircraft, it is light but fun to fly btw).  And it can't be farther from the truth.  They continue to refine their processes and are always eager for input.  It's the one defining difference between PMDG and iFly I have noticed.  Any input I have provided iFly they investigate and apply changes as needed if it's doable.  And all I ever gotten from PMDG is my intelligence questioned and then placated with "oh that's in the next update" and have ever seen them fixed.  Oh well.  The guys from iFly deserve a fair shake though, and to much hearsay and assumptions are made about their products unfortunately.  Maybe one day that will change though.  Although I doubt it if they keep to products so widely produced.

• Upvote 3

Glad to see IFly continuing to add more to their 747 lineup! It's a fantastic plane. Also worth saying that it is just a model update. They did not simulate the freighter systems/performance/etc. It is a free update so I'm not complaining at all.

I purchased the IFLY 747 for $32 USD; it is, witout a doubt, equal (or slightly below) to it's competitors, which can cost 4x more. It really does deserve more 'fanfare.'  Perhaps if they charged 4x more it would recieve more notice?  My only complaint is the sound engine; unfortunatly, when you click outside p3d, the aircraft sounds cannot be heard.  Regardless, thank you iFLY!   

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I purchased the IFLY 747 for $32 USD; it is, witout a doubt, equal (or slightly below) to it's competitors, which can cost 4x more. It really does deserve more 'fanfare.'  Perhaps if they charged 4x more it would recieve more notice?  My only complaint is the sound engine; unfortunatly, when you click outside p3d, the aircraft sounds cannot be heard.  Regardless, thank you iFLY!   

I think there is a setting you can enable in P3D or windows to change that.  I could be wrong though. But I don't get sounds out of the sim for any aircraft.

Just now, thibodba57 said:

I think there is a setting you can enable in P3D or windows to change that.  I could be wrong though. But I don't get sounds out of the sim for any aircraft.

Hello, while you are here, I was wondering if you could help with a link to the repaints.  The textures weren't included in the package I downloaded. 

Thanks

What platforms are supported and what about fs2crew?

You guys have me drooling over the iFly 747, I guess i'm going to have head over to Flight1 and take a closer look at it. I do love my iFly 737 NGX, so it stands to reason that the 747 will make a fine addition to my stable of payware add on aircraft....😎

1 hour ago, jalbino59 said:

Hello, while you are here, I was wondering if you could help with a link to the repaints.  The textures weren't included in the package I downloaded. 

Thanks

Here... http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/ifly-747-converted-freighter-for-p3d-v4-released_topic17286.html

Please keep in mind, I believe you will need to be registered at the iFly user forums to download this update.

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

There is, Brian; however, it appears IFLY uses their own sound engine, which only plays inside P3D; the PMDG 737 NGX has the same 'deficiency.'

Hey guys...thanks for the comments!

Yeah the iFly 747 is a top notch product...from a simmer's standpoint, but you also have 2 real 747 pilots telling us the same thing...so please take thier word for it over mine.  I'm just a humble experienced simmer and part time painter who only knows what he sees...and the iFly 747 has done nothing but impress me.

Hang on for the liveries....the painters were given links to dispatch them on the iFly site.  I just got home from work but my fellow painter (and real-life 747 pilot), is handling the links as I type and may already have them up.  (going to check now)....If you've enjoyed my liveries in the past, these won't disappoint you. 😉 (some of my best metal work)

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

enjoyed my liveries in the past

You are one helluva talented Picasso, Steve👍

3 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

You aren't the only one.  There seems to be this misconception that because or three pricetag that their aircraft are on par with the QW 757 (not a bad aircraft, it is light but fun to fly btw).  And it can't be farther from the truth.

It's literally confirmation bias from the other crowd.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

It's literally confirmation bias from the other crowd.

Makes sense, Greg; I'd want to justify the $240 I spent too.  To be clear, I’m not suggesting IFLY has the same fidelity as its competitor; however, the gap isn’t nearly as wide as some profess.   Also, IFLY 747 is now 5 years old; to that point, they could have released the -8 and BCF as Version III, requiring you to pay for it again.  However, they did not; 5 years later they’re still giving us improvements and free updates.  That alone is worth my business.    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4