Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

iFly announces free update for the 747...the BCF!

Hey guys,

In case you missed it, iFly announced the soon-to-be released free update for P3D V4 users for the 747...the BCF!

I have it on good authority that she'll be released with a few liveries....imagine that...a FREE update with included liveries! 🙂

Here are just a few shots of some of the paints that will be released with the update (go to iFly's general forum here to check out all the paints: http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/topic17271.html)

The plane is not modeled in PBR, but I heard that the painter who did the metal paints used his custom alpha layers to really enhance the shine on the metal. 😉

o3Ig43.jpg

kJ81FG.jpg

a5Tnzu.jpg

ubIKWH.jpg

Gibaoz.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looks nice Steve.

I have the iFly 737 NGX, and i really like it a lot. I have been toying with the idea of getting the iFly 747, and I just wondered what people's impressions of it are...??

I have the iFly 747-400 and the 747-800 (800 added as an update). Both planes look very good outside and inside.

To my opinion their FMS 's have the same sophistication level as the one in the 737 NG and I love flying them, very smooth and stable!! The 800 is my favorite for the moment.

And now with the FREE update for the cargo version this beats PMDG by far for less than half the price!

I love iFly !!

• Upvote 1

Oof... I wish they had announced this much, much earlier. The only reason I got the PMDG was because there was not freighter included with the iFly, and freighter ops was essentially the only reason I wanted a 747 in my stable. I'm incredibly pleased with my PMDG 747, but at half the price (a third when including the 747-8?) the iFly seems like a much better deal, given that I have no interest in failures and such.

At any rate, it looks great... and BTW, what's that airport that the UPS 747 is taking off from? (EDIT: Never mind, it's KSDF)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

22 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

the iFly seems like a much better deal, given that I have no interest in failures and such.

What makes you think the iFly doesn't offer system failure simulation? I can attest there is system failures and they are quite accurate.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

The new liveries look stunning!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

The gift that keeps on giving!

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

2 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

What makes you think the iFly doesn't offer system failure simulation? I can attest there is system failures and they are quite accurate.

Well clearly I have no idea :P

I guess I assumed, based on the lower pricetag, that it wasn't offering them. I stand corrected.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I operate the 747-400 in real life and have not been at all disappointed by the ifly 747, on the contrary I’ve been really surprised just how good it is,especially considering it’s price compared to its obvious competitor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

7 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Well clearly I have no idea 😛

I guess I assumed, based on the lower pricetag, that it wasn't offering them. I stand corrected.

You aren't the only one.  There seems to be this misconception that because or three pricetag that their aircraft are on par with the QW 757 (not a bad aircraft, it is light but fun to fly btw).  And it can't be farther from the truth.  They continue to refine their processes and are always eager for input.  It's the one defining difference between PMDG and iFly I have noticed.  Any input I have provided iFly they investigate and apply changes as needed if it's doable.  And all I ever gotten from PMDG is my intelligence questioned and then placated with "oh that's in the next update" and have ever seen them fixed.  Oh well.  The guys from iFly deserve a fair shake though, and to much hearsay and assumptions are made about their products unfortunately.  Maybe one day that will change though.  Although I doubt it if they keep to products so widely produced.

• Upvote 3

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Glad to see IFly continuing to add more to their 747 lineup! It's a fantastic plane. Also worth saying that it is just a model update. They did not simulate the freighter systems/performance/etc. It is a free update so I'm not complaining at all.

I purchased the IFLY 747 for $32 USD; it is, witout a doubt, equal (or slightly below) to it's competitors, which can cost 4x more. It really does deserve more 'fanfare.'  Perhaps if they charged 4x more it would recieve more notice?  My only complaint is the sound engine; unfortunatly, when you click outside p3d, the aircraft sounds cannot be heard.  Regardless, thank you iFLY!   

• Upvote 1

Matt King