Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

iFly announces free update for the 747...the BCF!

36 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I purchased the IFLY 747 for $32 USD; it is, witout a doubt, equal (or slightly below) to it's competitors, which can cost 4x more. It really does deserve more 'fanfare.'  Perhaps if they charged 4x more it would recieve more notice?  My only complaint is the sound engine; unfortunatly, when you click outside p3d, the aircraft sounds cannot be heard.  Regardless, thank you iFLY!   

I think there is a setting you can enable in P3D or windows to change that.  I could be wrong though. But I don't get sounds out of the sim for any aircraft.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Just now, thibodba57 said:

I think there is a setting you can enable in P3D or windows to change that.  I could be wrong though. But I don't get sounds out of the sim for any aircraft.

Hello, while you are here, I was wondering if you could help with a link to the repaints.  The textures weren't included in the package I downloaded. 

Thanks

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

What platforms are supported and what about fs2crew?

ZORAN

You guys have me drooling over the iFly 747, I guess i'm going to have head over to Flight1 and take a closer look at it. I do love my iFly 737 NGX, so it stands to reason that the 747 will make a fine addition to my stable of payware add on aircraft....😎

1 hour ago, jalbino59 said:

Hello, while you are here, I was wondering if you could help with a link to the repaints.  The textures weren't included in the package I downloaded. 

Thanks

Here... http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/ifly-747-converted-freighter-for-p3d-v4-released_topic17286.html

Please keep in mind, I believe you will need to be registered at the iFly user forums to download this update.

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

There is, Brian; however, it appears IFLY uses their own sound engine, which only plays inside P3D; the PMDG 737 NGX has the same 'deficiency.'

Matt King

Hey guys...thanks for the comments!

Yeah the iFly 747 is a top notch product...from a simmer's standpoint, but you also have 2 real 747 pilots telling us the same thing...so please take thier word for it over mine.  I'm just a humble experienced simmer and part time painter who only knows what he sees...and the iFly 747 has done nothing but impress me.

Hang on for the liveries....the painters were given links to dispatch them on the iFly site.  I just got home from work but my fellow painter (and real-life 747 pilot), is handling the links as I type and may already have them up.  (going to check now)....If you've enjoyed my liveries in the past, these won't disappoint you. 😉 (some of my best metal work)

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

15 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

enjoyed my liveries in the past

You are one helluva talented Picasso, Steve👍

3 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

You aren't the only one.  There seems to be this misconception that because or three pricetag that their aircraft are on par with the QW 757 (not a bad aircraft, it is light but fun to fly btw).  And it can't be farther from the truth.

It's literally confirmation bias from the other crowd.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

It's literally confirmation bias from the other crowd.

Makes sense, Greg; I'd want to justify the $240 I spent too.  To be clear, I’m not suggesting IFLY has the same fidelity as its competitor; however, the gap isn’t nearly as wide as some profess.   Also, IFLY 747 is now 5 years old; to that point, they could have released the -8 and BCF as Version III, requiring you to pay for it again.  However, they did not; 5 years later they’re still giving us improvements and free updates.  That alone is worth my business.    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Matt King

Here's a link to the current list of liveries. 

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/ifly-747400cf-liveries-released_topic17287.html

Still planning on adding more.  A link to the Paint Kit and GSX profiles can be found in the iFly forum.  Sorry for the delay in posting the liveries.  The links were available before release but I was traveling all night and I'm just wiped out and not functioning at peak :-). I hope everyone enjoys.  Steve did a bang up job pulling all his old liveries into the new model and creating more to boot.  I tossed a couple in there to make it look like I actually did something. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

15 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Still planning on adding more.  A link to the Paint Kit and GSX profiles can be found in the iFly forum.  Sorry for the delay in posting the liveries.  The links were available before release but I was traveling all night and I'm just wiped out and not functioning at peak :-). I hope everyone enjoys.  Steve did a bang up job pulling all his old liveries into the new model and creating more to boot.  I tossed a couple in there to make it look like I actually did something. 🙂

There's nothing to be sorry about, Brian! I appreiciate the link and paints.    

Matt King

4 hours ago, Kevin_28 said:

Glad to see IFly continuing to add more to their 747 lineup! It's a fantastic plane. Also worth saying that it is just a model update. They did not simulate the freighter systems/performance/etc. It is a free update so I'm not complaining at all.

Yeah Kevin I knew it was going to be a model-only a while ago when they invited me to create a "few" paints fer her.  I was initially disappointed, but quickly realized they have a business plan, and if it was worth the development investment to create a fully system-modeled BCF, they would have done it.  But you can bet if they did, they would either have to charge for it or eat the dev cost...which I guarantee would have been significant.  In addition, you certainly wouldn't be seeing it for at least another few months.

Given the recent trend for devs to charge for everything...even things that most simmers felt were unjust based on historical pricing schemes, this is certainly out of the norm to get a free update for something which I considered worthy of at least a nominal charge.  I say this as a freeware developer who spends hours preparing a paint for release...testing, tweaking, packaging, testing again...for each paint.  Getting to be involved in the process a payware dev goes through to prepare for a release...even a free one...was EXHAUSTING!

For example, I just spent at least an hour taking some copyrighted words off 4 screenshots that I've never had to worry about in the past as a freeware dev.  Even though I still operated as such in collaboration with iFly, this was a payware's company official release, so I was bound by their rules.  There were a few other things I spent a lot of time on in that regard...and I was just one of the painters.  I bet the iFly folks know how many hours were spent by their employees just on this free release, not to mention all the beta testers and other admin staff all making this happen.

Take all this into consideration and you can start to see that throwing this package out there for free was quite the gesture of appreciation for their customers. 😉.  Sadly a lot of simmers seem to look past that and only focus on what the company hasn't done for them specifically. 

Thank you for recognizing that you got her at a great price compared to other freighters you may have had to "purchase" recently.  Comments like yours believe it or not will sometimes be read by the devs and be "payment" enough to know you're enjoying their products and will continue to support them in the future.

Hehe....I show my support with my paintbrush...and I was honored that they asked me to help them push out this for free to their customers.👍

If my paints help them get a few more customers, then I feel I've done what I've set out to do by introducing another simmer to a great product, given them a nice paint (or 2) to fly, and increased my skill at painting (which I seem to do on every paint, LoL)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

28 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

I like how Brian always minimizes his role, LOL

In addition to his paints, he also organized and orchestrated the paint packaging and delivery process...and believe me it... is.... a..... freaking...... process! I swear we probably spent more time testing, tweaking, re-testing, re-tweaking, writing readme's, zipping, taking release screenshots...and then editing them, uploading, downloading, and linking files than we actually did painting!

I've long said that the painting part of the entire process is actually the easy (and enjoyable) part....getting them to you guys....the hard, time-consuming part!

Anyway...enjoy the plane and the paints guys!

(Shouldn't you be sleeping Brian?)

• Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

17 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I like how Brian always minimizes his role, LOL

In addition to his paints, he also organized and orchestrated the paint packaging and delivery process...and believe me it... is.... a..... freaking...... process! I swear we probably spent more time testing, tweaking, re-testing, re-tweaking, writing readme's, zipping, taking release screenshots...and then editing them, uploading, downloading, and linking files than we actually did painting!

I've long said that the painting part of the entire process is actually the easy (and enjoyable) part....getting them to you guys....the hard, time-consuming part!

Anyway...enjoy the plane and the paints guys!

(Shouldn't you be sleeping Brian?)

I'm trying. My phone hasn't stopped buzzing since I've gotten down here. I'm supposed to be on vacation and instead I spend and hour and half on a conference call! Haha

Thanks for the praise Steve 🙂

beta.gif   

My Liveries