Sign in to follow this  
Chock

This might possibly be the coolest thing on the planet.

Check it out:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Don't know where you found this, Alan, but a gem. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, indeed, hats off to  those German wizards.

If you look carefully, there is even a replica Joan Collins looking out of the window from seat 1D.

Image result for joan collins spitting image

• Like 2

ngxu_banner.png

There are a ton of these videos on YouTube. RC modeling seems to be very popular in Europe. Some of the aircraft they build and fly are amazing. There are even aerobatic teams.

NAX669.png

1 hour ago, ailchim said:

If you look carefully, there is even a replica Joan Collins looking out of the window from seat 1D.

Image result for joan collins spitting image

When she was younger...

• Like 1

That is quite cool. I wonder about the 5% dislikes. This hobby must be highly competitive to elicit negative feelings.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

5 hours ago, RichieFly said:

That is quite cool. I wonder about the 5% dislikes. This hobby must be highly competitive to elicit negative feelings.

Maybe some of those Concorde haters in the anti-noise lobby are still around!

Great RC model and a great pilot!

Bill

The coolest? Surely an A350 or B787 flight deck tops the most coolest things to date.🤓👨‍✈️

Great post.  The RC model even has a speed which seems true to its scale, which is sometimes hard to achieve in RC and this comes from an RC motorglider pilot who flew a twin axis (rudder and elevator) motorglider with enough dihedral to easily make coordinated turns, it could even roll in addition to having enough elevator authority to do loops.

For those interested in such an aircraft, which can stay aloft in thermals for a long time and fly up to a mile in altitude (not recommended since it is essentially out of site even with its six foot wingspan), it is the Radian motorglider which retails in the $100-$150 range.  The newer model is equipped with ailerons although I preferred it without, fewer servos to tax the Li_ion battery.  The Radian had enough thrust to blow my curtains in my house, including the rod, down much to my chagrin when I did pre flight tests (safer indoors in case there are lookie loos--i.e. the small children that would come to watch me and get too close).

John

30 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

I would be pretty nervous flying that Very nice!

Agreed!  I gave up flying my RC motorglider which even with the engine off could cause severe damage if it hit someone, or someone's car or some house window.  It had such an incredible glide ratio it was very hard to land with the engine off, I needed at least a soccer field's length to land it safely and I'd have to sometimes stall it to avoid trees at the end of the field.  It finally died when I was "shot down" as we like to say by radio jamming from Luke Air Force Base five miles away.  I know it came from Luke because it only happened when the sound of the F16's there became audible. 

Much as I love the air force, real estate encroached on their flight pattern and they did not change it, they still would fly directly over our subdivision, five miles from the base and not in conflict with their runways.  We almost bought a home in El Mirage, which should have never been built because it still is directly in the final approach path of Luke.  The F35 is even louder than the F16 it replaces and windows shake and shatter.  Our window in our home, now my ex wife's home, was shattered by one flyover, but because it was triple pane only the outer pane developed a crack.

I am a strong supporter of Luke and its mission, and a bunch of farmers who farm within Luke's pattern bought up the remaining land in Luke's final approach path, they even have a sign on Olive Ave in urban Phoenix dedicated to Luke and their efforts to preserve a safe zone for Luke to operate in.  The county also built and is still extending the Northern Parkway, which is a limited access motorway moved farther away from the dual runway thresholds at Luke, which limits thru traffic on Northern Ave, which I live on some ten miles east of Luke, outside of its flight zone.

John