Sign in to follow this  
threebears

Active Sky Next Missing

I have FSX-SE.  My library in Steam insists that ASN is installed but it doesn't appear in my weather settings as a choice.  I only have the standard FSX choices.  I've tried al the troubleshoots that Steam suggest: emptied my download cache, changed my download region etc.  I don't recall seing the DCL Download Tool dialogue when it installed but....where can it be?  Help please.

Dont know if you know but I have Active Sky 2016 and FSX does not load it up by itself you have to load it up yourself preferably BEFORE FSX but it doesnt really matter. Then it will take control of the weather automatically for you unless you tell it NOT to in weather settings.

Click the start button and type ACTIVE. is should show up as a program on your list if it was installed OK.

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Thanks Russell.  Yes, I knew that but I don't think it installed properly.  There doesn't seem to be a way to uninstall / reinstall within Steam library though.  I think (maybe) there's a few lines missing from the dll.xml file - I seem to recall that there were lines to do with Active Sky there, but there aren't now.

Andrew

23 minutes ago, threebears said:

Thanks Russell.  Yes, I knew that but I don't think it installed properly.  There doesn't seem to be a way to uninstall / reinstall within Steam library though.  I think (maybe) there's a few lines missing from the dll.xml file - I seem to recall that there were lines to do with Active Sky there, but there aren't now.

Andrew

Ive been an avid Steam user since HL2. Got hundreds of games but apart from FSX itself all addons I get from the devs themselves as like you've found the installs can be wonky. You could try contacting the devs HiFi Simulations yourself and see if you can get install files direct. Maybe get a steam refund (be quick!) and buy again from HiFi will be an option. The weather engine is superb you wont fly without it once you have it working!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi all.  It is fixed, though I don't know why or how.  The ASN configuration tool obviously hadn't run but it suddenly started all by itself on yet another FSX-SE start-up.  Thanks for all replies and suggestions.

Andrew