Sign in to follow this  
sloppysmusic

BOAC Airline Adverts from the 40s, 50s and 60s

Thanks for sharing.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS DDR4 ATX Motherboard, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 32GB (2x16GB) Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3200MHz, GameMax Iceberg RGB Watercooler - 240mm,  1TB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive, 2TB SSD, 1TB HDD.

Thanks.

Yeah. Much different now, isn't it?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, ndoug said:

Thanks for sharing.

Same here, and as an ex-BA employee too.

I remember the BOAC jingle form the late 60's, "BOAC takes good care of you". Heard this as a kid living in the west end of Toronto. Still can't find it these days.

And who can forget this British Airways commercial if they are old enough to remember it:

When I lived in Tehran back in the very early sixties, we kids called BOAC "Better On A Camel" and TWA as "Try Walking Awhile", as we much preferred Pan American (PAA) which is how nearly all of us flew into Mehrabad Airport. :cool:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

21 minutes ago, n4gix said:

TWA

I won't reveal what we line service guys at BA used to call TWA across the other Maintenance hangar🤣

• Like 1

Another UK airline I miss is British Caledonian.  My one and only flight on a BAC-111 was between Gatwick and Amsterdam in 1984 at a cruising altitude of only 23,000 feet.  It was a thrill to fly what was by then a classic aircraft on its way out of common use.

John