Sign in to follow this  
alejandroq8

How can i install the aerosoft f16 in FSX Steam Edition

This is not an uncommon problem with Steam FSX add-on installations.  If the program has a self-installer, it looks for FSX as a starting point.  In FSX-SE, the FSX directory is embedded in the Steam directory, which probably is located in Program Files (x86).  Click there, look for Steam, click there; steamapps, click there; common, click there; FSX will appear next, and that is the target that the self installer is looking for.  

If you are manually installing, you want to end up placing add-on aircraft in the Airplanes file, which would follow clicks on FSX, as above, followed by clicks on Sim Objects, inside which is the desired Airplanes folder.

sorry i don't understand, i installed aerosoft f-16 version 121, in fsx steam with the correct pathway, and it shows up in the airplane folder, but not in the sim......?

Edited by yancovitch

I thought that all payware aircraft and such was installed into a folder called DLC for FSX-SE.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

found the answer...

The problem is that a lot of the F-16 liveries reference the "Aerosoft F-16A 9\Panel" folder and if you look in that folder, there is no panel.cfg, but there are Panel.cfg.SP2 and Panel.cfg.Xpack. So I would conclude an installation step is missing when Aerosoft installer does not recognise Steam Edition and so does not rename one of those files. I simply make a copy of the Panel.cfg.Xpack file and rename it to Panel.cfg. As the other liveries reference this panel, suddenly they are all available to FSX once more. If you edit that file you will see it is not exactly the same as the one in "Aerosoft F-16AM Display\Panel", there are also other files in this folder, so the correct solution is to just copy/rename the single file.