Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Introducing - Airport2Sim Amsterdam

1 hour ago, viporlock said:

Jetways on the ground 

Hi, I have GSX v2 installed, so I followed the instructions as per the Airport2Sim pdf. I double checked my steps and yes, I did follow GSX Level 2 only instructions. I have also restarted/reset GSX upon loading. Renamed the files in the scenery directory, copied over all the .ini files to my profile directory and ran FSDT GSX Control Panel. When I load my aircraft at the gate, my jetways are all on the ground! any recommendations on what to check?

thx

Yes, it’s an elevation issue. Go to the gate, shut the engines down and call up the GSX menu. Choose the GSX ‘customise this position’ menu. 

There is a button on the top right I think (doing this from memory now) which says use current scenery elevation??  Press that and then apply. Restart the sim and restart coautl and refresh the cache. Go to the same gate  

Let know if that sorts it...

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

All jetways at Amsterdam don’t have GPU units below them. To the right of the airplane nose is a fixed based GPU. The odd stand positions at the delta pier will push back onto A10 as that is quite common for the stand positions D3 to D43 and some Echo stands as well. as A13 is used as an exit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

All jetways at Amsterdam don’t have GPU units below them. To the right of the airplane nose is a fixed based GPU. The odd stand positions at the delta pier will push back onto A10 as that is quite common for the stand positions D3 to D43 and some Echo stands as well. as A13 is used as an exit.

Ok we can update the file to reflect this. Can we chat over the message system please?

Jetways on the ground 

Hi, I have GSX v2 installed, so I followed the instructions as per the Airport2Sim pdf. I double checked my steps and yes, I did follow GSX Level 2 only instructions. I have also restarted/reset GSX upon loading. Renamed the files in the scenery directory, copied over all the .ini files to my profile directory and ran FSDT GSX Control Panel. When I load my aircraft at the gate, my jetways are all on the ground! any recommendations on what to check?

thx

Yes, that worked! thank you very much.

Amazing concept, Ben! 

How many airports are you planing at?

Personally I would like to see Chicago O'Hare (KORD) or perhaps Dallas Fort-Worth (KIAD). La Guardia could also be interesting, simply because of it's location. 

Amsterdam is very informative. Thanks for the dedication!

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

14 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Amazing concept, Ben! 

How many airports are you planing at?

Personally I would like to see Chicago O'Hare (KORD) or perhaps Dallas Fort-Worth (KIAD). La Guardia could also be interesting, simply because of it's location. 

Amsterdam is very informative. Thanks for the dedication!

Thank you! Yes anywhere with a decent scenery we can look at. The issue is the amount of time taken to make the GSX config and doing it for an airport like ORD would take weeks if not months. I’m looking at how we can speed it up a bit. Watch this space. 

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation, Ben. 

Since there's a new version of KORD coming out, which is developed by FSDT - maybe the GSX part, won't be such a hassle...? 🙂

Anyway - there's lots of airports to go around 😉

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Ben,

Just manage to get home and start downloading the course. Couple of things on first attempt:

1. The A2S-AMS-Files-v2.3.zip file contain A2S-AMS-Files-v2.2 folder. 

2. Parking on G2, VDGS was not working or couldn't detect the 737 I was using.

Cheers,

Amos

Amos Geva

7 minutes ago, ageva said:

Ben,

Just manage to get home and start downloading the course. Couple of things on first attempt:

1. The A2S-AMS-Files-v2.3.zip file contain A2S-AMS-Files-v2.2 folder. 

2. Parking on G2, VDGS was not working or couldn't detect the 737 I was using.

Cheers,

Amos

Hey Amos

Will match up the v2.3 and 2.2 files, no worries.

No issue for me on G2, what are you seeing?

16c5521b5c6a0e61adce12e90dbcc856.jpg

3 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

Hey Amos

Will match up the v2.3 and 2.2 files, no worries.

No issue for me on G2, what are you seeing?

Ben,

Just double checked again my settings, SODE is up-to-date (1.6.4), both GSX and GSX L2 are activated and again up-to-date. Yet on two different aircraft, different parking position the VDGS is blank.

Prepar3-D-2019-02-24-22-22-29.png

Prepar3-D-2019-02-24-22-37-26.png

Will try tomorrow on my second PC to see if it's something to do with my rig or a general problem.

Cheers,

Amos

Amos Geva

6 minutes ago, ageva said:

Ben,

Just double checked again my settings, SODE is up-to-date (1.6.4), both GSX and GSX L2 are activated and again up-to-date. Yet on two different aircraft, different parking position the VDGS is blank.

Prepar3-D-2019-02-24-22-22-29.png

Prepar3-D-2019-02-24-22-37-26.png

Will try tomorrow on my second PC to see if it's something to do with my rig or a general problem.

Cheers,

Amos

Amos, have you activated the SAFE-DOCK from the menu? Back up out of the gate onto the taxiway line and call up the GSX menu and the gate you want. Select the handling provider. You should now see vehicles and the SAFE DOCK say ‘WAIT’ before it gives you the aircraft type. 

16 hours ago, Ident said:

What EHAM scenery are you using please?

Flytampa Amsterdam 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ident said:

What EHAM scenery are you using please?

Sorry I missed this. Yes FlyTampa. There is an Aerosoft version but it's very old and I'm not even sure it works in P3D 4.4.

• Like 1

Experiencing the same problem viporlock reported about no jetways. I tried choosing GSX 'customise this position', top right pressed, apply, restarted P3D, restarted coautl, refreshed cache, and still don't see jetways. Currently using GSX V 2.5.0.11, SODE v 1.6.4, FlyTampa_Amsterdam_FSX_P3D_11, and P3D 4.4. What should I try next?

Edited by DollarBill
Works after trying again and cleared shaders, however, Add-ons 'FsDreamTeam Exclude' was unchecked which is the reason jetways appeared to work. Still have the same problem after re-enabled the Add-ons.

Bill Jackson