Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Introducing - Airport2Sim Amsterdam

1 hour ago, DollarBill said:

Experiencing the same problem viporlock reported about no jetways. I tried choosing GSX 'customise this position', top right pressed, apply, restarted P3D, restarted coautl, refreshed cache, and still don't see jetways. Currently using GSX V 2.5.0.11, SODE v 1.6.4, FlyTampa_Amsterdam_FSX_P3D_11, and P3D 4.4. What should I try next?

Good - glad you've got it working :)

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

21 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

Amos, have you activated the SAFE-DOCK from the menu? Back up out of the gate onto the taxiway line and call up the GSX menu and the gate you want. Select the handling provider. You should now see vehicles and the SAFE DOCK say ‘WAIT’ before it gives you the aircraft type. 

Manage it finally 🙂

After few restarts and rebuilds it was starting to work, thanks Ben!

• Upvote 1

Amos Geva

51 minutes ago, DollarBill said:

No jetways after setting GSX 'Airport elevation' to 4.918 and back to 1.5.

Hi Bill,so to clarify - you're seeing jetways when the exclude is unticked that appear correct, but presumably are the default FlyTampa ones?

And then when FSDreamTeam exclude' is ticked, they are at the wrong elevation or no jetways at all? 

To clarify: When Add-ons 'FsDreamTeam Exclude' is unticked then jetway "Grandmother, here I come" appears at E8.

When Add-ons 'FsDreamTeam Exclude' is ticked Jetways disappear.

Here are the elevations I tried:

- First I choose GSX ‘customise this position’, click-on the upper right airplane icon,  select apply, and 1.500 appears in Airport elevation. After restarted the sim, restart coautl and refresh the cache, then results in no jetway.

- Second I verified ADE EHAM airport elevation: 4.918, set GSX ‘customise this position’ changed from 1.500 to 4.918 repeated the process and same results in no jetway.

Bill Jackson

6 hours ago, DollarBill said:

To clarify: When Add-ons 'FsDreamTeam Exclude' is unticked then jetway "Grandmother, here I come" appears at E8.

When Add-ons 'FsDreamTeam Exclude' is ticked Jetways disappear.

Here are the elevations I tried:

- First I choose GSX ‘customise this position’, click-on the upper right airplane icon,  select apply, and 1.500 appears in Airport elevation. After restarted the sim, restart coautl and refresh the cache, then results in no jetway.

- Second I verified ADE EHAM airport elevation: 4.918, set GSX ‘customise this position’ changed from 1.500 to 4.918 repeated the process and same results in no jetway.

Ok so this looks like a SODE issue. Are you seeing the GSX safe-dock or is the pole on E8 empty? 

Edited by Airline2Sim

Hi Ben,

Absolute loved the videos and having fun flying in and out of EHAM. Thank you, I hope this is enough success that you do another.

Two questions.

1. You mention an AFCAD coming up, any news on that

2. Parked at H3 (Easyjet) stand when loading passengers there was no visible passengers or bus. It maybe a limitation of GSX....

Once again cheers mate first rate.

Miles

1 hour ago, smileybeaches said:

Hi Ben,

Absolute loved the videos and having fun flying in and out of EHAM. Thank you, I hope this is enough success that you do another.

Two questions.

1. You mention an AFCAD coming up, any news on that

2. Parked at H3 (Easyjet) stand when loading passengers there was no visible passengers or bus. It maybe a limitation of GSX....

Once again cheers mate first rate.

Miles

Hi Miles, no busses at H3 as the passengers just walk into the terminal. I don't think this is possible yet with GSX as without the bus there are no passengers. Hope that changes one day...

Thanks for the kind words, yes we are working on the next one already :)  

4 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

Hi Miles, no busses at H3 as the passengers just walk into the terminal. I don't think this is possible yet with GSX as without the bus there are no passengers. Hope that changes one day...

Thanks for the kind words, yes we are working on the next one already 🙂 

Thanks Ben

Got through watching the rest of the series last night. Looking forward to the Boston one. Its got a nice educational flow to it and a great promo demo of all the various addons used.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DollarBill said:

[GSX] Safedoc activated.... appears at the S90 pole and E8 guide.  Both provide feet remaining to STOP. No jetway.

Ok so it sounds like a SODE issue to me. Can you check the level 2 control panel for me and check that the gates have been excluded?

Hi Ben,

Great videos, and good value, really enjoying them. I'm up to video 4 and if i could point out one small issue. Video 4 at 45 min and 40 secs when you do your 747 control checks, you have your fwd and aft back to front. You push while saying full aft and you pull while saying full fwd. Just a minor point, but probably quite important when flying, don't you think? Lol. 

Really looking fwd (see what i did there) to your next airport, (maybe you could do a poll for suggestions) and your A320 training series. Be great to get into the guts of the FSLABS A320. 

Cheers

Neil